Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Electric Magnetic Feilds Essay, Research Paper
Homes are filled with electric magnetic fields (EMFs), EMFs
are created every time anything electrical is used. Hair dryers, alarm
clocks, micro waves and radios are just a few examples. All these
appliances cause leukemia, a form of cancer.
High EMF fields are not very unusual. EMFs can
pass through walls, so one can also be exposed to them from power
lines and transformers. Using a hair dryer for 3 minutes would give
the same exposure that one would get living next to a high voltage
Just in the last 18 years health researchers found out that EMFs
are dangerous. That is why this is such a new topic.
In 1979, two scientist found a connection between electrical
systems and childhood cancer (leukemia). This then set off more
studies on this topic around the world. They found in their research
that children who lived near power lines were at three times the risk of
contracting leukemia, than children who did not live close to the lines.
A later test concluded that the risk of living near a high voltage line
doubled the chances of getting cancer. This test was conducted by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), it also showed that electrical workers are at three times the risk of contracting cancer.
The NCI test was different in many ways from the first test.624 children were used in the study, The strength of the magnetic fields were measured with a device that was placed underneath the child?s bed. The NCI also measured the nearby power lines EMF levels. The people collecting the data did not know if they were collecting data from patent or the control. All the investigators were neutral meaning that they did not care one way or another.
EMF exposure can be reduced by standing farther away from
electrical appliances. If possible stand 3-5 feet away from
microwaves, electric mixers, dryers, washing machines and toasters.
Hair dryers also put out high levels of EMF?s along with Alarm clocks,
radios, Televisions, VCR?s, computers and cell phones. Keep all of the
Items listed at least 5 feet away from any sleeping areas and do not use
electric blankets. Electric blankets give a rather high exposure of
EMF?s for an average of 8 hours a day over the whole body. EMF?s
dissipate rapidly as distance from the appliance is increased.
- ... . The theory of electricity and its inseparable effect, magnetism, is probably the ... , current is the link between electricity and magnetism. In 1819 the Danish ... idea of magnetic induction, whereby a changing magnetic field produces an electric field. The ...
- ... produced by placing ‘non-magnetic’ material in a magnetic field, however they were ... an electro-magnetic apparatus in 1940. The first passed electric currents through ... animal’s sensitivity to magnetic fields or sight-specific magnetic effects (Carthy 86 ...
- ... becoming dependent on electricity from computers to microwaves, electric power is ... as microwaves, computer screens, toasters, electric stoves, blenders and cellular telephones ... -Magnetic Feilds.? Electro Print Aug.1998:p32 Plaz, Wolfgang. Solar electricity: ...
- ... the generation of electricity and magnetically aided trains. Magnetism is defined as the ... simple answer. Copper becomes magnetic when an electric current is run through ... of an electromagnet.8.Changing magnetic fields induce electric currents in copper and ...
- ... techniques for nerve regeneration involving magnetic, electrical, and chemical mechanisms look ... used to do this involve magnetic, electrical, chemical, or a combination of ... to treat damaged nerves concern electrical, magnetic, and chemical stimulation. II. ...