Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Invasion of Privacy
A folkways violation
Since the beginning civilization the people had been confronting changes in different aspect of life such as: in politics, sports and also in religion. But not everything have changed, their always be their values, ideas, norms, language, and beliefs, better known as culture that will characterized each society from other. Every city, country, island or simply an organization has his own values. The culture is also divided by three norms: the folkways, the mores and taboo.
The folkways are known as the norms that are not strictly enforced. For example: when you are on a line waiting for your turn and somebody try to cut in front of you, you will get mad because you expect that everybody follow the line, that’s an example of a folkways violation. This project is based in a folkways violation something very interesting.
The mores is defined as the norms that are taken much more seriously. For example, someone that stole something is a violation may be to an important mores of a society or almost every society. The taboo referring to a norm so strongly engrained that even the thought of it’s violation is greeted with revulsion, for example eating humans is one of them, there are not many of this kind cause it’s high degree of infringement.
The activity that we realized as our folkway violation was based on the invasion of space and privacy. We decided to do this kind of violation because everyone of us doesn’t like someone to invaded our privacy. We also picked that activity just to learn something out of it.
As a stage we decided to do it during lunch time and in Chapel, but I personally decided to continue doing it cause people’s reaction. The procedure that we choose it’s the following: when we have to say something or doing nothing we have to be get very close to our victim’s face and within a distance not bigger than 6 inches. It was very exiting just to watch people’s faces and gestures when they started to feel uncomfortable and notice that everybody knows that it’s the center of the attraction.
During my first attempts I was not able to do it, because I always burst out laughing when I saw their faces and gestures, but it was just a matter of time. But then, when I got some practice I was able to turn people so mad and piss off that in some cases they hit me hard and when I say hard it means hard, believe me. I really didn’t do it at Chapel because I considered that such kind of discipline it’s not the appropriate to take at the house of God, that’s why I didn’t do it or may be everybody because it was voluntary to do it in Chapel, just if you want it. At the dinning commons I started to unfold since the time that I was making the line to enter. My first two victims were females and both react with the same phrase “Quit it, Carlos”,but when they realized that it was for a while they tried to turn the back on me but thanks to my persistence didn’t take more than ten seconds to turn to me again and tried to impress me with a serious face and said “Carlos,
if you don’t stop it we wouldn’t talk to you anymore” “You know it’s not funny”. Then I realized that I was done with them, it was time to choose another victim. Everybody’s reaction were almost the same, but in some cases the people tried to made to me the same thing that I was doing just to take me out of concentration, but it was fun.
I really enjoy doing this project because when I was testing the people I was also learning from the people reaction. In most of the reaction that people made they were worry about what was happening, and also, if they got something on their faces, it was very funny. After all this time that I spend working on this project I reach a conclusion and it’s that no matter how close you are to a person that person has the right to have some space and by no mean invade that’s space, space that marks the respect with each other.
- Invasion Of Privacy Essay, Research Paper Invasion of Privacy Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting ... ; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably ...
- The Life OF Salinger Essay, Research Paper J.D. Salinger’s Personal Life Lots of people have asked me for ... main reason to respect Salinger’s privacy is just that, respect. He ... ’t done. Sure all the invasions of privacy haven’t helped, and the fact that if he ...
- Libel And Invasion Of Privacy Essay, Research Paper Libel and invasion of privacy Libel and invasion of privacy are two very important issues dealing ...
- Taking Away The Right Of Privacy Essay, Research Paper Taking Away the Right of Privacy The global AIDS epidemic is having ... , that is a complete invasion of privacy and there are laws of confidentiality that this ...
- The Debate Over Marijuana Essay, Research Paper Case for Legalizing Marijuana What ... in other parts of the world, it must respect the privacy of its own citizens ... home is an arrogant invasion of personal privacy. Protecting the Drug User’s Physical Health ...