Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Purpose: to discover what God has to say about faith
Faith is what the Bible describes in Hebrews 11:1 as the ?Substance of things
hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.? This suggests that even though we cannot see
something like the wind, we should believe that it is there. The Bible is probably the best
source to discover what faith is supposed to be. (Hebrews 11:1)
In the book of Matthew, several examples of faith are given. Matthew 8:5-13 says,
?Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him,
saying, ?Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed and dreadfully tormented.? And
Jesus said to him, ?I will come and heal him.? The centurion answered and said ?Lord, I
am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word and my
servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me.
And I say to this one, ?Go,? and he goes, and ?Come?? to another and he comes, and to my
servant, ?Do this? and he does it.? When Jesus heard the man he marveled and said to
those who followed, ?Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even
in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from the east and west, and sit down with
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will
be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.? And Jesus
said to the centurion, ?Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.?
And his servant was healed in that same hour.?(Matthew 8:5-13)
In Matthew 9:18-26, the ruler?s daughter was healed. It says, ?While He spoke
these things to them, behold, a ruler came and worshipped Him saying, ?My daughter has
just died, but come and lay Your hand on her and she will live.? So Jesus arose and
followed him, and so did His disciples. And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood
for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment. For she said to
herself, ?If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.? But Jesus turned around,
and when he saw her he said, ?Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.?
And the woman was made well from that hour. When Jesus came into the ruler?s house,
and saw the flute players and the noisy crowd wailing, He said to them, ?Make room, for
the girl is not dead, but sleeping.? And they ridiculed Him. But when the crowd was put
outside, He went in and took her by the hand, and the girl arose. And the report of this
went out into all that land.? This is a good example of faith in the Bible. The woman who
had faith was like what the Bible says, ?If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you
can move mountains.? (Matthew 9:18-26)
Luke 16:10 says that you cannot serve God and mammon. If you serve the one
true God than you cannot serve something else like money, television, or a boyfriend or
girlfriend. These verses say, ?He who is faithful in least is faithful also in much; and he
who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. Therefore if you have not been
faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And
if you have not been faithful in what is another man?s, who will give you what is your
A great story of faith is found in the book of Daniel. It is the story of Shadrach,
Meshach, and Abed- Nego and the fiery furnace in Daniel chapter 3. These three young
Jewish men were taken into captivity by the Babylonians. They were forced to serve in
the court of the mighty King Nebuchadnezzar. This king had built a huge golden idol and
forced all of those who were under him to worship it, and whoever did not worship it was
put to death in the fiery furnace. Almost everyone obeyed this, except for Shadrach,
Meshach, and Abed-Nego. They had faith in God that He would save them from? King
Nebuchadnezzar. The king was so furious that he ordered his men to turn up the heat
seven times hotter than usual, and all of them who threw them in were killed from the
heat of the fire. They were thrown into the fire, and by his amazement, the king saw four
men walking around in the fire, yet there were only three men thrown into it. There was
an angel of God walking around inside the fire that was protecting them. They all walked
out of the fire without a burn mark or even the slightest smell of smoke on their clothing.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed- Nego had that much faith that God would deliver them
from King Nebuchadnezzar.(Daniel 3)
If we did not have faith in God, than we would have faith in ourselves. If that
were to happen, than the world would have so many more problems than we already have.
We should be thankful that God gave us the knowledge of faith in Him to deliver us from
1. Matthew, NKJV
2. Luke, NKJV
3. Hebrews, NKJV
4. Daniel, NKJV
- ... not have faith. He did not have religious faith nor faith in his ... She also symbolizes religious faith as well as faith in one’s fellow ... leaving behind his religious faith and his faith in his fellow human ... this Goodman Brown has lost faith in his father and ...
- Faith Essay, Research Paper WHAT IS FAITH? What is faith? Faith is something different to everyone. ... believe, that is true faith. Throughout this paper, I am going to discuss ... his creations is manifested into each religion’s faith. This agape is the ...
- Fate Essay, Research Paper The only theme that tragedy ... each family?s stubborn refusal to end an enduring feud. If their feud ... could have been resolved the children of each ... family would not have shared this terrible fate. Friar ...
- Faith Essay, Research Paper Faith can be interpreted in various ways. One may rely on fate ... the difficulties and rewards of faith in relationships. She uses ... as a leap of faith because you never know ... to survive because their fate would have already been ...
- Fate Essay, Research Paper Webster defines fate as a ? a power thought to ... This would imply that fate has an over whelming power ... Some people say that a person?s fate is pre destined. That nothing ... play. I don?t question that fate exists but I believe that it ...
- Fido Essay, Research Paper I think the selling of all ... Bills the cost of Dog food ,etc. all?s worry about is ... how is Fido. This is my view of ...