Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Justice Essay, Research Paper
When the question is asked “Can we live in a just world?” In effect it is
asking us a variety of things. “Can there be justice for all?” and “Can there
be equality for all people?”. The answer to this question is no.
Unfortunately we live in a world where justice has never really transpired. The
first justice that I would like to speak about is personal justice. Blessed are
those reared in a household innocence of the deadly sin of envy. Their lives
will be tormented by a grinding resentment that they are not beautiful, or
famous, or favored with gifts of fortune. They will not demand as a natural
right or an entitlement of personal equality with everybody under the sun; nor
maintain that their opinions are as good as anybody else’s. They will not covet
a neighbors’ goods. And thus they may come to know peace of soul. The
injustice of equality 10/15/93 The point of this statement is not to say that
envy makes equality. When we wish for “personal equality” with people, we wish
to deny what we really are and allow for superficialness. We become so obsessed
with our possessions that we forget who we are and the beauty of our differences.
Aristole said that “it is unjust to treat unequal things equally”. All people
are different, that is exactly what makes us human, so when we treat people
entirely the same, we deny their identity. For example that does not mean that
I should not treat all people with respect, but I feel that even that may differ
depending on who you are and how I am related to you. For instance, I will not
give a stranger the same amount of respect that I might give my mother or father.
I feel that would be unfair, and ignorant. The stranger should have to earn my
respect, just like my parents or friends. The teachings of Marx exemplified this
very wrong that I am discussing. Marx believed (if I am not mistaken)that in
order to bring about equality for all, first we must find the inequality between
classes and get rid of it. When this deed is performed it would in essence
place everybody on the same level. This would place all people in an equality
of conditions, where all are in the same boat. The average person would be
faced with the same problems as the next. This is the type of “just” society
that I do not think should exist. It is absolutely unjust.
I have no doubt that when we recognize the differences between people, without
being envious of their talents and gifts, we may find things that we may learn
from. By doing this we not only make life more bearable by eliminating
ignorance, but learning to love differences Many of the problems today are
caused because people fail to see the glory in variance. This is the problem of
mis-education, or lack of it. Education is also part of justice. I believe
that all people (however unrealistic that this may be) whether rich or poor
should be placed with an equivalence of education. The dilemma I face when
making this statement is that it is contradictory to almost all that I have
previously stated. If people should not be on a personal state of justice, does
that include education? I can not answer this. I imagine that all people should
have the same opportunity to reach their peak or greatness, and also to stop the
breading of ignorance and individualism. Individualism places the interests of
the individual over the interests of the state or social group. The act of
individualists infringe upon another persons right to live in a peaceful, loving
environment, and with the basic rights that are deserved by human beings. I do
not think that it is just for children to grow up in an atmosphere of violence
and poverty, that is unjust. They should not be the target of starvation.
These situations exist because people place their selfish needs before the needs
of others. The Spiritual Justice , that may only be achieved by God, is the
ideal Justice in the world. I believe it to be untouchable by humans. God’s
ultimate justice is not affected by how you look, how smart you are, your rank,
class, or the amount of power that you have obtained. All that matters to God
is the integrity of your heart. The justice that God gives is the only true
justice that may be obtained. When obtained material possessions mean nothing
to you, the only thing that matters is your love for others. I do not believe it
possible under any standards that we may ever have a just world. It is against
human nature. Justice is a theme only God may accomplish. In my opinion I
believe that I try to be as fair, and just as possible to all people. I do not
make it my business to intimidate or discriminate against anybody based on a
prejudice. When with anybody I try to be as friendly and respectful as possible.
The problem with being too friendly is that a lot of the time people will take
advantage of you because of it. Indirectly however I might inflict harm upon a
person by not getting involved. To cite an instance, if an wrong towards an
individual is being performed, sometimes I feel that it is not my place to
interfere. That is an injustice.
- ... justice? up in the dictionary before I started to write this paper ... about is maintaining and promoting justice and a sense of ?fairness ... and I believe in justice. I believe in justice as an ideal ... feeling a sense of justice has occurred. Justice can only be ...
- Justice Essay, Research Paper ABSTRACT: This paper has a two-fold task. First, I ... that Thrasymachus’ position concerning justice and injustice is inconsistent overall ... inconsistent when proffering a definition of justice. Both Thrasymachus’ immoralism and ...
- Justice Essay, Research Paper Justice Justice. What is justice? In this world ... we live, where everyone feels justice has a different meaning, ... on what I personally think justice is. During the time ... of what justice is, with examples like Justice is “Doing ...
- Justice Essay, Research Paper Justice What problems in achieving justice are highlighted in some of ... Bible, “Injustice all around is justice.” – Persian proverb. These are ... way. There are problems within each justice system of different countries and ...
- Justice Essay, Research Paper Justice… Oedipus is not formally charged ... /mother took her own life. Justice is defined as “the abstract ... definition pertaining to the story Justice has not been served. Since ...