Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
“If we catch anyone shoplifting, we call the police. Always. We have zero tolerance for shoplifters,” said Steve Rice, manager of Dillard’s at the Westgate Mall. “We see so much shoplifting, across the board, all ages. It’s a real problem.”
Cpl. Lisa Cherry of the Amarillo police Crime Prevention Unit says when store personnel apprehend a teen for suspected shoplifting, the store detains the teen and calls police. Police take the suspect into custody.
The police run a check to see what the offender’s status is with the department and evaluates the cost of the merchandise. The suspect may be sent to the juvenile authorities or released to parents. Juvenile offenders face stiff penalties of fines, detention, community service and even jail time.
Shoplifting is a major thorn in the side of local retailers, and nationwide, juvenile shoplifters account for $2.8 billion losses annually
According to a National Retail Federation study, teens account for 30 percent of shoplifters, yet make up only 7 percent of the U.S. population. Many teen-agers look upon shoplifting as a harmless, victimless act that stores can afford.
Shoplifting affects more than the store and the offender, it overburdens the police and law enforcement staff, and adds to consumer cost.
Westgate Mall holds seminars for its merchants with mock shoplifting demonstrations by area police.
“The most recent one was in April with 68 percent of the mall merchants participating. We had videos of shoplifters in action and talks by area police on how the shoplifter operates and what the merchant can do to spot them,” said Amy Frow, assistant marketing director of Westgate Mall.
prices go up in every store and you end up paying for what was stolen, parents friends ect all pay.
store have to up their prices beacuse they have to pay for all the theft, pay for more security, pay employees wages, ect.
the community suffers
- Shoplifting Essay, Research Paper Shoplifting In the stage of adolescence ... realized that my days of shoplifting had just taken a plunge. I was ... put my prints on the paper for the records. Then I was ...
- Shoplifting Effects The Community Essay, Research Paper Shoplifting is a major problem in today ... to himself and the community. Shoplifting effects everyone, yourself and the ... punishments as strict as possible. Shoplifting effects the community in a big ...
- Loss Prevention Essay, Research Paper Loss Prevention In today’s economic ... theft (employee theft), external theft (shoplifting), and administrative (system) error. The ... are commonly three types of shoplifters: 1) the average everyday citizen, 2) the ...
- Dangers Of Obedience Essay, Research Paper Most of us obey every ... they got started with the shoplifting, it was very hard to ... about the bad consequences of shoplifting and was aware of the ... to obey because I knew that shoplifting is wrong and can perhaps ...
- Anti Social Essay, Research Paper Anti-Social In a world full ... without confronting the victim -forgery, shoplifting 12. Serious Violation of the ... without confronting the victim -forgery, shoplifting 12. Serious Violation of the ...