Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Tobacco Should Be Illegal Essay, Research Paper
Tobacco Should Be Illegal!
Why isn t tobacco considered a drug? When the facts are reviewed,
tobacco produces all of the effects of a drug although isn t
recognized as one. What makes tobacco different from any other drug?
Among the many effects of tobacco on the body, includes the
ability to be addictive and cause numerous cases of cancer.
Unfortunately, tobacco is not recognized as a drug, even though it
has the main effects of any illegal drug found in society. Such as:
marijuana, heroin, and crack.
Why do people enjoy cancer sticks (a common nickname given to cigarettes as a result of their cancer causing ability)? As a
non-smoker,I find it very difficult to see what people find so
appealing about smoking. My opinion is that it smells, and that
tobacco should be made illegal due to its effects. Not to mention, it
contains the drug known as nicotine, which like other drugs is addictive
and causes cancer!
Tobacco companies often get hit hard for their distribution of tobacco products because of their advertising. Many commercials,
billboards and magazine ads make smoking appeal to children and teens.
They do this by showing young, care-free people having the time of their
lives with friends, drinking beer, playing football or meeting people who
are attracted to tobacco-smoking. Tobacco companies use this type of advertising to lure a younger crowd, because many of them do not know any better, and they are easily attracted to something that is made to look
Even if you do not smoke tobacco, you are directly affected by
any individual who smokes in the vicinity of you. Second-hand smoke has
been found to be more cancerous than actually smoking a cigarette. This is a
big factor that has been discussed in the matter of smoking in public facilities. Smoke being inhaled by the smoker is filtered, slightly
reducing the number of carcinogens entering the body, whereas smoke that
emits directly from the end of the cigarette, carries a higher risk of
causing cancer to individuals in the surrounding environment. This means
that every time a family eats out in a restaurant, they have to worry
about themselves and their children being affected by the carcinogens in tobacco smoke. This is not a worry people should have when they go out
I feel that the sale of tobacco should be made illegal, mostly because
it directly resembles a drug. If it is made illegal, many people will be forced to cut back, or even quit. Like most drugs, it would become harder
to obtain and more difficult to smoke.
- ... Should Be Legal Essay, Research Paper Seven Leaves Aren’t Bad: Marijuana Should Be Legal Thesis: Should marijuana be ... advice. Since hemp was made illegal, petrochemicals came to dominance. ... can be as damaging to the lungs as smoking five tobacco cigarettes ...
- Should Marajuana Be Legal Essay, Research Paper There is no denying ... other drugs such as tobacco and alcohol, the nation ... more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco, would end. It would ... legitimate reason for keeping marijuana illegal. The reasons for legalizing ...
- Should Marijuana Be Legalized Essay, Research Paper Should Marijuana be Legalized? “It’s like jumping into ... a whole. Advertising of the drug should be illegal though. In order for the ... other drugs including alcohol and tobacco. It was considered “weak” for ...
- Should We Legalize Essay, Research Paper Should America Legalize The Federal Government, ... would be for the individual users. These assumptions are that illegal drugs ... our opinions of alcohol and tobacco (Wink). Another assumption of drug ...
- Marijuana Legal Or Illegal Essay, Research Paper Marijuana Legal or Illegal Cannabis, sold as marijuana, hashish and ... use by pregnant women may affect the fetus. As with tobacco smoking ... system similar to that caused by tobacco. ?Long-term marijuana smoking ...