Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Tourettes Syndrome Essay, Research Paper
Tourette Syndrome(TS) is a neurological disorder
characterized by tics — involuntary, rapid,
sudden movements that occur repeatedly in the same way. To
receive a diagnosis of TS a person must have both multiple
motor and one or more vocal tics, not necessarily
simultaneously, throughout a span of more than one year. The
tics may occur many times a day (usually in bouts) nearly
every day or intermittently. Tics periodically change in the
number, frequency, type and location and wax and wane in
their severity. Symptoms can sometimes disappear for weeks or
months at a time. While most persons with TS have some
control over their symptoms from seconds to hours at a
time, suppressing them may merely postpone more severe
outbursts. Tics are experienced as irresistable and (as the
urge to sneeze) eventually must be expressed. Tics increase
as a result of tension or stress and decrease with relaxation
or concentration on an absorbing task.
Tics are categorized as Motor or Vocal, Simple or Complex.
Simple tics are movements or vocalizations which are
completely meaningless, whereas complex tics are movements or
vocalizations which make use of more than one muscle group or
appear to be meaningful.
Some examples of motor tics:
kissing-hand or others
pulling at clothes
Some examples of vocal tics:
clicking or clacking
A person with Tourette may be able to go days or months
without symptoms (tics) and can suppress the tics for
short periods of time.
After the tics have been voluntarily suppressed the tics
- Tourettes Syndrome Essay, Research Paper Tourettes Syndrome is an inherited, neurological disorder ... between each family. There is a fifty- fifty chance of passing Tourettes Syndrome to ...
- ... different When tics appear each day Remember this disease ... disease. For decades after Tourette?s discovery, Tourette Syndrome was believed to b4e ... , 1995,p.111). This research may prove family history of ... in peace. Researching this paper has had a profound ...
- ... is a mystery surrounding Tourette Syndrome, its causes and possible cures. Tourette Syndrome is a neurological ... of mothers with Tourette Syndrome. About three-quarters of Tourette Syndrome patients are male ...
- Tourette Essay, Research Paper Tourette Sydrome, commonly called TS, is ... a lot more severe. Research into the causes of Tourette Syndrome is ongoing. So ... in two hundred people have Tourette Syndrome. It is a neurological disorder that ...
- Awakenings Essay, Research Paper In the 1920’s, Leonard Lowe ... is what we today call Tourette’s Syndrome. Tourette’s Syndrome is an inherited, neurological ... paramount importance to people with Tourette Syndrome. Before Tourette’s Syndrome was recognized as a ...