Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Tiger Woods Essay, Research Paper
Throughout the history of golf there have been many great golfers but none as dominant as Tiger Woods. Because of his tournament wins, hard work, dedication and the revolutionizing of his sport, it is clear that Tiger Woods has become the greatest golfer of all time.
At the age of twenty four Tiger Woods has shattered many of golf?s records.
Even as an amateur signs of greatness were apparent. At the age of fifteen Woods became the youngest player ever to win the U.S. Junior Amateur Title. Tiger would go on to win this tournament the next two years for a record setting three times. At the age of eighteen Woods became the youngest player to win the U.S. Amateur Championship. At the age of twenty, when Tiger Woods turned pro, he had won a record three straight U.S. Amateur titles. In 1997 Tiger woods became the youngest player in history to become Masters Champion. At the age of twenty one he won the tournament by a record breaking twelve strokes. After winning this years US. Open by a record breaking fifteen strokes, Woods went on to claim the British Open by an unprecedented eight strokes. At the age of twenty four Tiger became the youngest player to win all four of golf?s major tournaments. This summer Woods became the first player since Ben Hogan in 1953 to win three major tournaments. Tiger Woods has earned enough tournament victories for a lifetime exemption for the PGA tour. At twenty four Woods is already the lifetime career money winner with over seventeen million dollars in earnings. With nine tournament victories this year alone it is clear that Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time.
Woods is the hardest working player on the PGA tour today. He is estimated to hit over eight hundred balls at each practice session and is known to spend hours a day working on his short game. Tiger works not only on his weaknesses but his strengths as well, ? Woods was always a good putter, but he?s worked to be more consistent. Whatever he sees as a weakness in his game, he turns into a strength.? Says Woods? coach Butch Harmon, ( Time magazine, August 14, 2000). Although Tiger has won many PGA titles his work ethic has never diminished. After a not so stellar round of golf during this years PGA championship Tiger went straight to the practice range. There he hit balls under the watchful eye of his coach until it was dark out. Once dark out, Tiger went to the chipping area where he worked on his short game and stayed until 8:56 pm.
After his final round of golf and his fifth career major title, when asked if he was satisfied with having one of the most successful summers in the history of golf woods replied, ? To play as well as I did down the stretch is very special. Hopefully when I look back at the tapes I will find something- I already know what I need to work on ?but maybe something else? said Woods (Toronto Star). Woods is never satisfied with his game and is always trying to improve. Woods developed his excellent work ethic as a young child says his father Earl woods, ? I never had to ask Tiger to practice.? This work ethic has followed him from his childhood and gotten him to where he is today. With this great work ethic and desire to improve it is no wonder that Tiger Woods has become the greatest golfer of all time.
Woods has revolutionized the game of golf. He has opened the game to people of all races and financial positions. Tiger Woods has started a foundation that is making golf courses and equipment available for underprivileged children. Woods has turned golf tournaments into major sporting events that are watched by millions. In this year?s British Open 28 million Americans tuned in to watch Woods cruise to victory. This was a 32% increase from last year. Woods has brought the game of golf to another level. To compete with Tiger tour players are now on a strict training regiment forcing them to head to the gym. Since joining the tour Woods has added 10 kg of muscle. In response David Duval adapted a strict exercise and weight training program. Even Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevick a one time chain smoker has adapted a new training routine. At one time players would ?party until late and then play hung over. That just doesn?t work anymore,? said Sam Snead an older player on tour. With players like Tiger Woods it is no wonder that players must be in tip top shape to compete at the same level.
Given his record of tournament wins, because he is determined with a work ethic matched be no one, and his changing the game of golf in so many ways, it is clear that Tiger Woods has become the most dominant golfer of all time.
- Tiger Woods Essay, Research Paper Biography of Tiger Woods “Let your clubs speak for you.” Tiger Woods was too young ... Eldrick, but Earl called him “Tiger”. Tiger Woods took interest in golf at ... , it is the biography of Tiger Woods and it is all about ...
- Tiger Woods Tiger’s Real Name: Eldrick Woods. The nick-name “Tiger” was given to ... change his name to Tiger Woods when he turned 21 ... to stay single though. Tiger Woods is Michael Jordan’s hero! ... is taken from the book Tiger Woods ‘The Makings of a Champion ...
- Tiger Essay, Research Paper Tiger On December 30, 1975, a star was born. Eldrick Tiger Woods ... golf magazine had featured Tiger s game when he ... 13, 14, and 15. Tiger first played in a professional tournament ... the British Open. Woods played his first tournament ...
- Alexander II : Tsar Liberator? Essay, Research Paper To first assess ... should be deemed the Tsar Liberator. The argument is ... to common ground, to woods and to grazing land, ... certain extent “liberated” by the Tsar. i Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, ...
- Is Tiger The Greatest Essay, Research Paper The question on the ... of all-time. Thirdly, Tiger Woods has won comparatively few tournaments ... age and inexperience of Tiger Woods, he has only achieved ... the world has seen. Tiger Woods certainly has the potential ...