Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Social Acceptance Essay, Research Paper
A child goes to school, the teacher asks, “Have your mom come in for a ‘teacher
mother conference’.” Suddenly, the child is confused. For the first time he
thinks about his home setting and wonders, “Which mom is supposed to come in? I
have two moms.”
The example given is not an unusual one. It is something that happens all the
time in today’s society in which homosexual couples live with and rear children
together. Where most children have a mother and a father, children of gay or
lesbian parents have either two moms or two dads. While some may look at this
as a “taboo” or , being in the Baptist belt, “a sin”, in today’s society more
than 15% of families are with same sex parents who are raising one or more
Legally, homosexual marriages are not binding, thus causing difficulty in
adopting or fostering children. Due to society it is often difficult to birth a
child, as well, without a “husband” or a “father” in a mother’s life. Therefore,
those who have children, via pregnancy, foster, or adoption have conquered a
very difficult task.
So, is this family an abnormal family because there are no opposite sex parents.
Or is it a normal family because of the love its’ members share? Can we say
what it is that makes a family. Perhaps, if we can answer these questions, we
will find the solutions we need to fulfill the doubts in our minds.
Should we ever condemn someone for loving? When we judge, is this what morality
is?? I think not! If we would teach our children to accept “love” as that
which it is, a mutual feeling of love and respect, perhaps the prejudice and
conclusions that society sees will change. We must teach that “gay” is not a
“bad” word, it is merely the same love as others feel, but done in a special way.
Because we are different, does this make u
- Social Customs Essay, Research Paper SOCIAL CUSTOMS Every country has it’s own social customs and gestures. ... is completely acceptable.1 In the part of Ireland researched, social customs ... shaking your head is acceptable.1 When in a social or business setting, ...
- School Uniforms Essay, Research Paper School Uniforms Cliques are an obvious part of every school ... how a child is accepted in school. What style is ? ... When they see each other at school, they will be ... without a uniform on. A school in Long Beach, California, ...
- Sexual Harassment Essay, Research Paper Sexual Harassment, a form of unlawful sex ... a person’s work or school performance, or if acceptance of the harasser’s behavior ... harassers or victims of sexual harassment. However, research indicates that women are ...
- Sexual Values Essay, Research Paper Sexual Values Throughout history, society greatly ... now appears ludicrous and pointless. Sexual values, for example, manifests this ... people search for acceptance, affection, love and commitment through sexual activity before ...
- Social Conflict Essay, Research Paper Social conflict It would have been ... inevitability in the actual term: social conflict. Social: meaning living or preferring ... families at one table; a bully accepting the reasoning of his victim ...