Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Dr Martin Luthor King Jr. Essay, Research Paper
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
In order to understand the profound meaning to Martin Luther King Day, we must first understand what it is, who he was, and above all else, what he stood for. This will be difficult to accomplish eloquently in one page, but I will try my best.
Martin Luther King Day is a time when we are supposed to remember the sacrifices made by great American icons in pursuit of equal civil rights; some of these are Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks and Abraham Lincoln. Furthermore, I think that it is also about respect, respect of great leaders, of people who speak out against oppression and people who give up their lives so that others might have a better one. It is my opinion that children in grade school should not receive a day off on Martin Luther King Day, but they should use that day to learn about civil rights and black history. It is truly a shame to waste such a wealth of culture on a day of TV and Video games.
Martin Luther King Junior, born Michael Luther King Jr. Was brought up in a very Christian atmosphere, acting as co-pastor until his father died, and then as a Pastor himself. I believe this positive moral influence is what fueled King?s will to get an education and prove that one man can make a difference.
In the face of indifference he stood for justice and equal rights and he was given great strength by all those before him to speak out against the hypocrisy of life in The United States at that time, but perhaps the most valuable weapon in his great arsenal was hid ?I have a dream? speech given at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. Aug. 28,1963. It has gone on, in my opinion to be the most profound speech of the millennium.
One thing is for sure lemme tell ya, Martin Luther Kings dream and spirit are made immortal and meaningful by all the people who remember him for what a great man he was a still stand up for his ideals, that can never be changed. If only we could all make such an amazing difference, the world would truly be a better place.
-Nathaniel D. Sturgill http://www.nobel.se/laureates/peace-1964-1.gif
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Essay, Research Paper Dr. Martin Luther King Junior, American ... in Montgomery, Ala. Dr. Martin Luther King’ Jr?.s public-speaking abilities?which ... the Martin Luther King, Jr., Center for Nonviolent Social Change, a research institute ...
- Martin Luther King Jr. Essay, Research Paper One of the ... motel balcony. The shot hit Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., in the neck. He ... motel balcony. The shot hit Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., in the neck. He ... As with the murdered Dr. King, the dreamer never finds ...
- Martin Luther King Jr Essay, Research Paper One of ... -violent social change strategies, Martin Luther King, Jr., used a combination of ... to fight for equality. Dr. King’s speech at the ... he was assassinated. While Dr. Martin Luther King may have died that day ...
- Martin Luther King 3 Essay, Research Paper Nearly three centuries ago, ... , African-Americans have fought oppression. Martin Luther King Jr., would aid immensely in this ... victory and alone made Dr. King a highly respected leader. When he went to ...
- Martin Luther King Jr. And Affirmative Action Essay, Research Paper Martin Luther King Jr. and Affirmative Action According to ... of all time, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Being a civil rights activist, Dr. King wanted nothing more ...