Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Asbestos Essay, Research Paper
Asbestos-containing products were widely used in the construction of houses,
apartments, offices and schools up to the 1970?s. However, the presence of asbestos-
containing products in the area in which you live, work, or go to school at is not
necessarily a hazardous condition. It is only hazardous when asbestos-containing
products break down and become airborne then a hazardous condition is created.
In 1995, OSHA issued workplace standards for testing, maintenance and
disclosure of asbestos. This caused a greater awareness of the danger for the dangers
asbestos, especially in public places. This soon became more of a controversy than
anything else, with some saying that asbestos was no threat and that by taking it out of
a building would cause more of a problem than simply just leaving it in a biulding.
Even though many times people felt that asbestos should just be left alone the
government decided to rule on the side of safety. This decision to make all schools have
Their asbestos monitored came in 1986 after congress passed the Asbestos Hazard
Emergency Response Act (AHERA) to protect the public school students and employees.
This helped those people in charge of schools feel better about the facilities in which
Thankfully these changes helped us all, especially after the evidence showing
that asbestos can cause cancer and other disease. The one question that still remains,
is who will risk there well being to go and take out this terrible product that may cause cancer?
This question was answered by many producers that helped develop airtight
clothing, which helped people properly dispose of this product in a way that it would
not cause any danger to them or the people who would be entering buildings that where
striped of this product.
Because of all of these actions, the use of asbestos is almost none. This will help
not only the cause of cancer and other problems from developing, but will also help
the owners of new buildings from having to pay large amounts of money to have
asbestos taken out when it becomes a problem.
- Asbestos Essay, Research Paper Asbestos is the only natural inorganic ... of asbestos in insulation, brakes, floor and ceiling tiles, cement, paper, and ... nearly all other asbestos-containing materials. Second ...
- Legal And Regulation Essay, Research Paper Legal and Regulation Asbestos means any of the ... processing, adapting or using asbestos in connection with the manufacturing ... of waste, impervious to asbestos, identified as containing asbestos waste. Cleaned with ...
- Paradox Essay, Research Paper Paradox Scientists and the ... is another source of asbestos. Since asbestos can be found in ... floor is susceptible to getting asbestos because it can remain suspended ... who work with manufacturing asbestos-containing products have an ...
- Magnesium Essay, Research Paper Magnesium is the twelfth ... is also found in asbestos. Asbestos was used in insulating materials ... the air, increasing the asbestos levels and endangering the people ... began. Most people with asbestos-related diseases were exposed to ...
- Acid Essay, Research Paper What is acid ... that hold water pipes. Asbestos is not dangerous when ... officials worry that loose asbestos will find it’s way ... that hold water pipes. Asbestos is not dangerous when ... officials worry that loose asbestos will find it’s way ...