Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
There are many techniques which have been developed to increase the efficiency
of memory . Select 3 techniques , discuss them in detail and present examples of
when they can be used. In the world today it is a must to be able to remember
things. Memory is a big part in everyone`s life. Their is hardly a day that goes
by when you do not have to remember something. If someone doesn`t have a great
memory it could cause somewhat of a down fall in their professional life. In
this paper I will discuss three different memorization habits and how they can
be contributed to one`s everyday lifestyle. One of many ways that help people
memorize things is in a verbal sense called Rhymes. Rhyming is an easy way for
someone to memorize certain things. This method is most common with children in
school. Many people that grow up still remember these little detailed Rhymes
that help them get threw school. Rhymes are nothing other than little sayings
which sometimes make no sense , but when repeated in your mind it helps your
recall what is need to know . The Rhyme that I remember best was used in math
class I ate and ate until I was sick on the floor eight times eight equals
sixty-four that saying is really kind of ridiculous , but I always new what
eight times eight was . There are so many saying`s out there and everyone of
them will help anyone memorize. Rhymes have been and always will have a big
impact on helping people in memorization. Another strategy to help on to
memorize things is called Acrostics. Acrostics is nothing more than a saying in
which the first letter of each word of the saying is the cue to help recall
information you need to know . This method is very similar to the method of
Rhyming , but you only use the one letter from each word to represent the cue
for your needed information. One of the Acrostic phrases that many people were
taught for learning notes in music class was Every good boy does fine. This
saying helps people remember notes E, G, B, D, and F , which are five main
chords, in order , used in music. Acrostic is not used as much as Rhyme;
however, though they are very similar in style. Many people use this method, but
really have no idea what it is called nor really care as long as it works, and
it does . All people tend to do things the easy way , and their is nothing wrong
with that as long as it works . There are certain methods for everything and it
always helps to have some help when needed. The third method that will be
discussed is the method of Loci. The method of Loci involves taking an imaginary
walk along a familiar path where images of items to be remembered are associated
with certain locations. The first step is to commit to memory a series of loci,
or places along a path. Usually these loci are specific locations in your home
or neighborhood. Then envision each thing you want to remember in one of these
locations. Try to form vivid images . When you need to remember the things ,
imagine yourself on your path, which should serve as cues for the retrieval of
the images you have formed (Wayne Weiten, 2000). The usefulness of Loci helps
assure yourself of remembering items in a certain order and the order is
determined by the location sequence along the certain path. In this paper I have
discussed and gave examples for three different ways to improve one`s memory.
There are many other methods in to help with memorization ;however , I believe
these are the three most common used help methods. Each method has it`s own
direct way in helping one to memorize something for long periods of time.
Memorizing is a everyday thing that is nearly necessary for everyday life.
People have methods for doing everything and just because you do something one
way doesn`t make that the only right way. Most methods are not tought ,some are
just distinguish to what is available. No one can remember everything , but with
a little help it makes it somewhat easier to try. Some methods are learned from
experience . Experience helps the person know what they are doing and then one
can do the same task in a certain way which is easier to them . Everyone forgets
things every now and again no matter who you are. People usually forget things
when something else is on there mind , but their is something for everything to
help us memorize what it is we need to do.
- Genesis/Odyssey Essay, Research Paper There are many different methods in story ... to memorize. This also helped refresh the memories of many ... Joseph, while they are more direct in their writing, they ... are two societies that are not that far apart, but there ...
- ... Tune Essay, Research Paper There are many great American choreographers of our time. It is through their ... creative genious that musicals and movies are made memorable. If ... find a constructive outlet for their son’s enormous energy by enrolling ...
- Islam And Christianity Essay, Research Paper There are hundreds of religions in ... to the Muslim prophets.) Many Muslims (the name for people ... revealed in their Scriptures. God had sent many prophets, among ... as those who had originally memorized it died. It was ...
- 1. There are many process of memory. The basic of them all are encoding, ... . Our working memory has three areas: phonological loop, visuospatial ... a case with H.M. he finally memorized his way around the house ... amounts of time into their research so we can better ...
- History Of Computers Essay, Research Paper There have been few inventions that ... in contact with computers, there are many more. Computers are revolutionary by nature since ... rules that the user must memorize, all ordinary arithmetic operations can ...