Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Through The Tunnel Essay, Research Paper
CHARACTER ANALYSIS FOR THROUGH THE TUNNEL
The story Through the tunnel is about a boy named Jerry and is 11 years old. In
this story a Jerry goes to the beach with his mother on vacation. Jerry is a boy who would
do almost anything to become a friend with someone. In this story Jerry tries to impress
these foreign boys by trying to swim through a tunnel.
Jerry?s mother lets him do what he wants but she is aware of Jerry?s need as Jerry
is the same to his mother. Jerry is a calm and collected person he is not one who would
raise his voice or yell. He likes to meet new friends and to Jerry this is the perfect
opportunity. He would be most anyone?s friend or buddy. Jerry is a person who likes to
push himself to the limits and likes the challenge. With these qualities Jerry is easy to get
When Jerry sees the foreign boys swimming and decides to ask them if he can
swim with him. But Jerry realizes that the boys don?t speak his language but tries to talk
to them in French. Without no communication Jerry has to relay on body language and
actions. When Jerry sees the boys swimming in the water below and the pop out on top of
the rocks he decides to check it out and see what down there. He saw a black tunnel
which was very dark and gloomy. As Jerry tries to swim through it, he becomes afraid
and scared and decides to go back. As he came up for air he saw the boys snickering at
him and Jerry decided he must do this to impress the boys and have them like him. Jerry
is not one who asks people for gifts or money but to him this was very important. So he
asked his mother to buy him some goggles so that he could swim.
After the boys would leave in the afternoon, Jerry would stay down there and
work on his breathing and concentrating on going through the tunnel. When its Jerry?s
last day of vacation he says to himself that it is the last day to do this. To prepare himself
he sat in front of the clock to see how long he could hold his breath. As Jerry went down
to the sea to go through the tunnel. As he goes through it he has flashes of his life being
threatened and himself drowing. When Jerry was going through he became light headed
and blood was filling in his goggles. As he came up on his maximum breathing time he
went over his time limit.
As Jerry comes out of the tunnel he realizes that he did not have as much self
accomplishment as he thought he would. He realized that it was a door from childhood to
manhood. So overall Jerry noticed that he does not have to show off to others to impress
- ... of View Essay In the short story “Through the tunnel”, Doris Lessing describes the adventure of ... description of the characters, and make the theme visible. By using the third ... and from the other character’s revelations. This way, the description remains ...
- The Wall Essay, Research Paper A Brick in the Wall (The story of ... the understanding of Pink Floyd in The Wall. The character Pink, in The ... bullet to stay on the track so the train would run ... the tunnel as the train goes by. He looks at the train and sees the ...
- The Rainmaker Essay, Research Paper The Rainmaker In layman?s terms a ?rainmaker? ... ride through the legal profession. Along this bumpy road Rudy, the main character, grows ... lawyers from the biggest law firm in Memphis, Tinley Britt. The first lawyer ...
- Andersonville (the Movie) Essay, Research Paper ?Five hundred men moved silently toward the gates ... was the main character in the movie and lead the ?tunnel diggers through the camp with ... happening at the camp. The tunnel started in the middle of the camp and ...
- Corruption Of The West Essay, Research Paper Fifty years ... a light at the end of the tunnel, opposition to all ... Through this comprehension came the proletariat embrace of Socialism. The embrace of the ... , and the destruction of Jurgis individual character. Thus ...