Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Making Canada A Better Place Essay, Research Paper
Making Canada a better place
So I was surfing the net yesterday and came across some interesting information concerning drug related deaths. It stated that the death toll for the year 1998 was as high as 155 people, and that was counted in Toronto alone (http://www.canada.com). This included overdoses, car crashes that were caused by being under the influence of illegal substances, also many injuries and deaths that came by dealing. Many people including young kids were arrested and put into prison as a result of dealing drugs. Just think, all this could have been prevented. If you re asking yourself how would that be possible just hang in there and let me show you.
Many people don t know this but drugs are not all that bad, they could be used to help terminally ill patients ease their pain. If one of your loved ones was suffering wouldn t you want them to be able to receive the best treatment possible? Right now that option is not available, because drugs are not yet legal but if they were, than many of the patients could die without feeling so much pain. And even before that dreaded time comes, the time before death, drugs could help the ill feel less pain. Everybody wants to die peacefully, and we can help make that happen!
However if drugs would be legalized, we must make sure that it is done the smart way. Of course safety percussions must be taken the same way with cigarettes and liquor, only to a more sophisticated level. There will have to be an age limit which would stop underaged kids from getting their hands on the powders, capsules, and smokable substances. In my opinion this age should be no younger than 25. Because by that time even the male end of the population is mature enough to handle such hard core substances. We must make sure that computers would be used to monitor the buyer, and amount of products bought on a daily bases.
If you re wondering where all this money would come from, than I even have an answer for you. Just one word. Taxes. If drugs would be legalized we would have to pay taxes on them, and all that money could be used to set up the monitoring of drugs. The rest of the money wouldn t go to waste either. The money could even be used to help current addicts with counseling and Rob centers. But if not, than I am sure that our good ol government would find ways to spend it no problem there.
One of the fastest, easiest ways of acquiring large amount of dough fast is dealing drugs. But with that kind of money involved comes the danger of getting seriously hurt or even murdered for that matter. How many times did you watch the news just to hear that many died as a result of a shootout between two gangs? And the reason it all started? Drugs, of course. Just another reason to add to the big pile that we collected so far.
Here is another good reason, teenagers are known to go for things that are prohibited. That fact has been true from the beginning of time starting with Adam and Eve. If we think about it, things haven t changed one bit. If drugs would be legalized than the temptation would be close to eliminated. The equation goes something like this: Legalization = Less temptation = Less unlegal usage
So when the legalization of drugs is final we could all feel better knowing that the number of deaths relating to drugs would be cut down by almost 99.9%. Well let s face it when it comes to things like cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs there will always be ways for some people to get their hands on them. Either way we just have to try to do our best to monitor these dangerous substances and make sure to keep it away from underaged teenagers the best as we can.
- Canada As A Mosaic Essay, Research Paper How ... come to Canada searching for a better life, the ... Spanish 3% Portuguese 3%Chinese 2% Spanish 2%Polish 1% Polish 2%Arabic 1% Greek 2%Others 15% ... the Caribbean. (Statistics Canada 1991:5) This makes Canada s net worth ...
- ++plus Essay, Research Paper Introduction ——————————————————————————– ... flags, the resulting program cannot crash disastrously or mysteriously ... debugging (heisenbugs). pSather makes it easier to write ... of the language rhymes with ‘bather’. The name ‘Sather’ ...
- Incarcerating Kids Destroys American Society Essay, Research Paper Maggie Marr Marr 2 Honor’s ... futures. Juvenile offenders who commit nonviolent crimes should be rehabilitated ... be changing their lives and making America a better place. Between 1992 and 1995 ...
- ... United States Essay, Research Paper Growing up in Canada and growing up ... a good idea because it makes our cities more interesting. We ... things make BC a great place to live. However, the West ... Canadians believe that Americans make better movies. Why? Who knows. ...
- ... Hemingway Essay, Research Paper ?There are some things which cannot be ... doctors and hospitals were better, the Hemingways left Paris ... Hemingway found it a wonderful place to work and to play ... atop the literary heap…and making a fortune(Shaw). Though Hemingway ...