Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Why Should Students Study Ancient History?
Ancient history is an extremely important aspect of our everyday lives. Everything we do
today has a relation to ancient history. From the languages that we speak, to the decisions we
make, ancient history influences them all. Many of the fundamental issues of human society which
still exercise us today were first formulated in ancient times.
The languages we speak all over the world are affiliated with ancient history. Latin, the
Indo-European language of the ancient Latins and Romans and the most important cultural
language, is the root language for many countries. Also, most modern languages constantly turn
to Latin and Greek roots to develop new scientific terminology. The vocabulary and structure of
the English language can be developed by learning ancient languages that our language was
The culture of ancient civilizations is an imparitive part of our lives. Ancient civilizations
created everything we learn today, including mathematics, literature, art, and astronomy. Ancient
civilizations also developed the first buildings, roads, aqueducts, and towns that enabled us to
have the knowledge to construct the large cities we have today. Our government also uses the
traditions and beliefs that were also utilized by ancient civilizations.
Ancient history has made an enourmous impact on our culture today. The language we
speak to the roads we travel, ancient history is connected with them all. Every student should
study ancient history in order to obtain the full knowledge needed. Not enough can be said about
how ancient history affects our lives.
- Why Study Shakespeare Essay, Research Paper Why Should Students Study Shakespeare in School? Essay written by Lindsey Simply stated, students should ... in literary history.” School programs offer students the opportunity to study Shakespeare at ...
- Are Students Safe Anywhere?? Essay, Research Paper Joseph Kisiel Research Paper: Final Draft Are Students ... violence is newer, why would they want people ... culturally conditioned by history and the ways ... Rothstein, 17). Though studies have shown that violence ...
- ... each of the museums curatorial departments offers student research facilities ... resources for teachers and students, is promised to ... fundamentally, is the reason why museums are so important: ... works. Whether one is studying history, appreciating the present or ...
- ... other field of study. The study of history has been and ... each other. The most common definition for history is a) the study ... therefore I believe that all students will be suspended for fighting ... happen again. hope is why we study history — we hope to embrace ...
- ... Contributions To Mathematics Essay, Research Paper Abstract Women in ... is why Sophie choose to study mathematics. Sophie Germain studied under ... teaching so that her students could understand math easier. ... st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Moufang.html [24 ...