Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Hard to Find
It is said that a close friend is hard to find. Webster says that a friend is one attached to another by affection or esteem. But I believe there is more to a close friend than this definition. Trustworthy, caring, sensitive, loyal, considerate, fun, kind, a sense of humor, and always there for you are all ways to describe a close friend. It s true that finding a person to fit all these descriptions can be a mighty difficult job, yet all of these adjectives are important to me. I believe I ve done a good job finding friends that fulfill these requirements.
My friends and I have been a close knit group ever since the start of middle school. Originally, the boys and girls had separate groups, but eventually we merged together and are now like a big family! We have great fun going to the movies, riding bikes, and going out for pizza or lunch. We love to go to the park and play ultimate frisbee, and during the summer we practically live at the pool. We are addicted to playing cards- anytime, anywhere. This activity shows what a great sense of humor we all have because a massive amount of laughing, giggling, and joking occurs.
A friend and I have an ongoing bet against two of the guys in our group. Our bet was made this summer and involves a series of card games. This is the longest ongoing card game I ve ever participated in. We get together three of four times a month. It s been eight months and the girls are tied with the boys. Who knows, we might just end up playing the tie-breaker at our senior prom because I m sure our friendship will still be as strong as ever.
Homecoming was another fun adventure full of friends. All the girls in our group ended up going with guys in our group so we all had a blast! Dinner was fun because it was just a big group of friends having a great time together. The cool thing was we all knew each other, and felt extremely comfortable together. Everyone was kind and considerate in making sure everybody had a chance to dance that night. After the dance we all went over to a friend s house and watched a movie. It was a great night!
Many people think that if any of us started dating someone in our group, it would be a disaster. Well, this simply isn t the case with my friends. We all at times have dated each other; however, our friendships have survived the break-ups with no lasting resentment. This again shows how much we value each other.
For winter dance everyone pretty much went out on a limb and asked people that weren t in our group. This was fine and dandy, but we all agreed that homecoming was a lot more fun. A few friends in the group found that their dates just didn t measure up on the friend scale when they were left standing alone for most of the night.
Everyone in the group has experienced personal or family difficulties over the years. I m proud to say that we have all provided great support to each other through family disagreements, broken hearts, and pet deaths. Even the guys can be pretty sensitive and understanding. We are fiercely loyal to each other by always standing up and looking out for each other. Trust is an unspoken code.
I m very lucky to have such a great group of friends. Many times in life you meet one close friend, but to have a small group of trusted loyal friends is a blessing. Unlike so many teenagers these days, none of them drink, smoke, or do drugs, which is important to me. These are supposed to be the best days of our lives, so why not spend them having a blast with a group of special people?!?
- Hard To Find Essay, Research Paper In Flanney O Conner s, A Good Man is Hard to Find a great deal of irony ... is used to express ... Sammy explained, A good man is hard to find. Everything is getting terrible. I remember ...
- Heart Of Darkness Essay, Research Paper Heart Of Darkness Whether a reader connects to the symbolism of Heart ... undiscovered”. One scene in Heart of Darkness, which ... not care enough to find out the name of ... Conrad was trying to say in Heart Of Darkness: ...
- True Spirituality Is Hard To Find Essay, Research Paper “A Good Man is Hard to Find” is an extremely ... ” A Good Man is Hard to Find” has attracted many “interpretations based ... , Flannery. “A Good Man Is Hard to Find.” Literature: Reading, Reacting, Writing. ...
- Good Man Is Hard To Find Essay, Research Paper Flannery O?Connor ?A Good Man Is Hard To Find? A Southern ... collection, A Good Man is hard To Find, brutal and sarcastic. ?The ... Man is Hard To Find? begins with a family planing to take a vacation to Florida. ...
- A Man Is Hard To Find Essay, Research Paper A “Good” Man Is Hard To Find By: Veronica Roland E-mail: TwinVee2000@ ... collegeclub.com A “Goodman” Is Hard To Find ...