Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
A. Adaptations: enabled them to live their entire life without water.
1) lungs – most have 2 but snakes have 1 which fits neatly into its slender body
* How canthey breathe while eating then??
a special tube in the mouth that extends outside the snake’s mouth while swallowing so doesn’t suffocate
2) scaly skin
a. dry and leathery
b. advantage: helps prevent loss of water in dry environment
3) toes, claws, suction cups – help climb and dig (some are legless Ex. snakes)
4) amniotic egg
a. do not need water for development
b. creates a protected environment for the embryo
1. Amnion – membrane enclosing the salty fluid in which the embryo floats
2. Yolk Sac – encloses the yolk which is rich in nutrients and nourishes the embryo
3. Allantois – stores waste
4. Chorion – lines the outer shell, encloses the embryo and other membranes – also aids in gas exchange between egg and outside environment
5. Leathery Shell – waterproof but porous
- ... Sigismondo’s son, Roberto, was commemorated on numerous ceramics and other ... it sounds more like a zoological specimen or a rare disease. ... the "Romantic Ireland" of Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone ... context it sounds more like a zoological specimen or a rare disease. ...
- ... Wedgwood was adopting Anglicanism. Robert Darwin, himself quietly a ... Society of London on 4 January 1837. On the same day ... bird specimens to the Zoological Society. The ornithologist ... address presented Owen's findings on Darwin's fossils, stressing ...
- Okapi The Report Of A Forest Giraffe Essay, Research ... distinctive pattern of horizontal stripes, on the upper legs that resemble ... predominantly alone. Importance or Impact on Man First off, the ... Johnston wrote back to the Zoological Society of London and sent ...
- ... Ukrainian mass media also report on the work of the Verkhovna ... Museum is famous for its zoological collection; it shows dinosaur ... "Jane Eyre" about? • Robert Burns Robert Burns is the world famous ... far behind". When Robert's father died, Robert was left to farm ...
- ... anoxic. Are found hibernating on muddy substrate or under ... sites with emergent vegetation on about 2/3 of edge ... Ontario Stream. Canadian Journal of Zoology 64: 255257. Emery, A. R., A. H. ... Amphibians in Decline: The Report of the Canadian Declining Amphibian ...