Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Long ago in the far off land of Ayodha a boy was born. His name was Rama, son of King
Dasartha. As he was growing up he met a young girl. The first time he saw her he was stunned by
her beauty; it was love at first sight. Her name was Sita. The ended up getting married; there was
a big elaborate ceremony. The person who married her had to bend a bow. Not only did Rama
Bend it but he broke it. As the years went by they had a happy life
King Dasaratha was getting old and wanted to chooses his son Rama as his heir. His wife
Kaikeyi asks that he appoint another son Bharata, instead. Kaikeyi pleads that he owes her two
favors, and she feels that something bad would happen to her if he doesn’t crown Bharata king
and send Rama to the forest for fourteen years. The king hesitated but agreed, so Rama goes with
his beautiful wife, Sita, and his brother Laksmana, leaving their riches to live a simple life.
In the forest the three meet the demoness Surpanakha who falls in love with Rama. Rama
doesn?t pay attention to her advances and Laksmana hurts her. She runs away to her brother
Ravana, ruler of the island kingdom of Lanka. After hearing Surpanakha’s report of the beauty of
Sita, Ravana decides that he wants Sita as his own wife and changes himself into in wandering
holy man to find her in the forest. When Rama and Laksmana are not paying attention, Ravana
carries Sita off to Lanka.
Sita cries and wishes for Rama in Ravana’s garden in Lanka, while Rama and Laksmana
try to get the help of Hanuman, the monkey king, to help them find her. Hanuman, able to make
himself big or small, starts his search for Sita by taking a giant step to the Island of Lanka.
Carrying Rama’s ring he finds Sita and tells her he is Rama’s messenger. Sita is very happy, but
Hanuman is caught and Ravana sets Hanuman’s tail on fire. Hanuman escapes and sets the island
of Lanka on fire.
Rama, Laksmana, Hanuman, and his monkey army start a battle in Lanka. The monkeys
make a bridge to Lanka by holding themselves together. The battle was big horrible battle with
spears, bows and arrows. Many people died. Rama eventually kills Ravana. Sita, however, when
Rama finds her he wants to know if she stayed true to him. When he asks her to take the test by
fire; she agrees. Proving her loyalty by remaining unscathed by the fire, she goes back to Rama.
Later, Rama abandons her to maintain the sanctity of public opinion and she goes to live in the
temple of sage Valmiki and has twin sons Lava and Kusa, who as young men became reunited
with their father, the god-king Rama.
- The Room Essay, Research Paper The room was small and dark. The air was humid and had a ... snaking its way across the room. That trail was the only place where ... against the wall in the far corner of the room was a small table. The table ...
- The Trial Essay, Research Paper THE TRIAL by Franz Kafka ... him. Bertold has entered the room at some point and ... , and goes to see the room for himself, where he ... back to look at the room, only to find everything ... , and goes to see the room for himself, where he ...
- The Rainman Essay, Research Paper Rain Man The Rain Man stars Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise. The movie was made ... them when she and Raymon run into each other. He quickly counts ... leave and Charlie lets Raymon drive the Buick. The next thing you know ...
- The Franks Essay, Research Paper The last phase of the Western Roman Empire, the period of transition between Romanity ... Frankish leaders became Roman allies in the defense of the Roman frontier, and many ...
- The Nibelungenlied Essay, Research Paper The original aim of this paper was to encompass the bulk of Mythology ... . The Nornir represent the Norse version of the sisters of fate. The Rhine Nymphs are the ...
- The Ymca Essay, Research Paper The YMCA Mahmoud M. HegabEnglish 111Essay # 29- ... the beginning of the room again but this time on the other side of the room. The ... of the room there were the bicycles, cardiovascular machines, and fat burning machines. Each ...