Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Fordham Essay Essay, Research Paper
#3 Discuss your goals for the next four years and comment on your post-college plans.
?Next stop, 66th Street and Lincoln Center, ? bellowed the cracked voice of the
conductor over the loudspeaker. Those words rang in my ear like the notes of a
familiar melody. Stepping off the number three train, I was immediately immersed in
the scents, sounds and faces of my past. All the wonderful memories of those four
years came rushing back into my mind as if they had just occurred. I was finally
returning to my birthplace, my home, my origin; my Fordham University.
When I arrived at the campus the first person I saw was my former acting
instructor, the great Larry Sacharow. Just seeing him set me awestruck with
happiness; it was in his class that my career really took off. ?Professor Sacharow,? I
shouted, over the hustle and bustle of the crowded city sidewalk. We finally caught up
to each other and exchanged blissful remarks. We spoke of all the wonderful things
which have been happening since I successfully completed his class in my sophomore
year and how I was offered a spot in Les Miserables and how the references and
contacts he gave me opened countless windows of opportunity. One of his references
led me back to my high school where I am now teaching a college theatre preparatory
course for the 12th grade. He was ecstatic! I couldn?t express to him enough how much
I enjoyed his class and all the lectures and theatre games we played. It is those little
things that I remember most.
After our joyful trip down memory lane, Professor Sacharow (who preferred me
to call him Larry which I just couldn?t do out of plain respect) led me into the lobby of the
residence hall where a mural of myself hung on the east wall. I remember the day the
university dedicated that lobby to me for my outstanding achievement. My friends and I
had led a fund rally for the school to raise money for the many programs which would
be affected by the enormous tax hike in the fall of ?99. We eventually raised over five
million dollars for the university and prevented the cutting of many of the school?s fine
programs. My fellow thespians, Susan, Richard and the rest of the Theater Acting III
class, told the President of what I had organized and how successful it had been. The
marvelous mural and dedication was a token of the university?s gratitude. I was brought
to tears. I felt that this wasn?t only the work of myself, but of everyone who had
participated. I didn?t deserve such an esteemed honor. To give credit to all of my
friends, I had each and every one of them sign their name at the bottom of the mural in
bright red oil-paint under a message which read, ?This achievement was not won by
the strength of one person, rather it was won by the mass of an unrelenting army.?
The day seemed to pass by in a nanosecond. After leaving Professor
Sacharow, I proceeded back to the subway to catch the number three back uptown to
my friends apartment. Waiting on the platform I was reminded of how all the great
things in my post-adolescent years were credited to this one place; this profound seat
of natural energy and talent where one enters with nothing and leaves like a brimming
garden of knowledge just waiting to trickle it?s seeds onto waiting barren patches of the
earth. The thought hovered in my mind for quite a while as the ring of the turn-style bell
echoed in my ear……ring……ring…….ring…………..?Joey, it?s time to wake up! The bus
will be here soon,? whispered my mother. What a wonderful dream.
- Freedom Today Essay, Research Paper Freedom Today What exactly is freedom today ... enemies of freedom? (24). Indeed, freedom is quite ... to get a freedom established. Freedom has never come ... 1962. Malinowski, Bronislaw. Freedom and Civilization. Westport: ...
- Freudian Slips Essay, Research Paper Freudian Slips Some would ... slips of the tongue are Freudian. Furthermore, contemporary cognitive ... , which would constitute a Freudian slip. Thus Freud and ... and impulse which characterize a Freudian slip. And, while Freud’s ...
- Freedom Ads Essay, Research Paper Freedom Ads In America today, ... appearance, better health, and freedom. Born in the 1960?s, liberation ... by using the appeal of freedom. ?Business theory today ... liberation from everyday life and freedom with their product. Frank ...
- Freedom Bound Essay, Research Paper In his book, Freedom Bound, Robert Weisbrot ... best understood in relation to each other” (Weisbrot xiv). ... Carolina Woolworth’to the freedom rides to the 1963 ... common goal of equality and freedom. Weisbort’s focus is not ...
- Freedom Road Essay, Research Paper As my eyes passed through ... , break them down, and give each freedman forty acres and fifty dollars ...