Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Prevention Of Breastcancer Essay, Research Paper
The Prevention of Breast Cancer
Does exercise really help prevent breast cancer or is that just an act of wellness. Well in
1985 Researchers from Harvard University discovered that exercise really prevents the
risk of breast cancer by 35%. Just because that theory was brought up woman who
exercised hard as teenagers still did not believe regular exercise could reduce the risk of
breast cancer. We found no protective effect whatsoever, study author Beverly
Rockhill said at that time. But Rockhill says today if woman overestimates how much
they exercised in the years passed it increases the chance of this theory not being
successful. Rockhill also shows up a more recent group of nurses study to prove this
theory. Beverly Rockhill this time sets our attention on post menopausal and pre
menopausal woman. It is known that post menopausal woman risk are higher than pre
menopausal woman,so they need the exercise! Your hormone level from age ten to age
fifty determines your life long breast cancer risk says Rockhill. Anything you can do
physically to keep ovarian hormones down during your reproductive years will lower
your risk Overweight pos menopausal woman are at a greater risk than leaner wpoman,
because the muscles will take the place of fat. Another reason why overweight post
menopausal woman are at greater risk because the ovaries do not pump out estrogen and
the body s fat tissue still produce it. When you are in your postmenopausal stage you
have to keep your weight in check. When a woman of any age stay active it revs up the
immune system and the killer cells that can destroy incipient cancers. Exercise also helps
the body use up insulin more efficiently. If you exercise at least four times a week or
started exercising a lot when you were younger it will greatly reduce the risk of breast
cancer. If woman found out early enough about the breast cancer they have it is 97%
curable. And just because woman have a lump on their breast 80% of the time it does not
mean that they have breast cancer. A lot of problems go wrong in a woman breast.
However there are many ways we can reduce the risk of breast cancer. Don t smoke,
avoid excessive alcohol consumption, exercise and reduce dietary intake and get early
screening. The reason why most woman do not get tested for breast cancer is because
they are afraid what the consequences are and what they would have to live with. Woman
who are 40 and above should have annual mammograms and if you are at higher risk you
should start at the age of 35. And just because you get checked out early does not mean it
will prevent breast cancer, but it will save your life because I will reduce treatment and
improves the quality of cancer patients. If woman did not know they could loose their
breast of breast cancer they would get check regularly. At one time the American Cancer
Society said Mastectomy was the standard therapy, but now only a remnant choose this
therapy. Health professionals recommend that between the ages of 20 and 39 should get
their breast checked by a health professional every three years. Woman 20 and older
should perform self -examination every month so they would know how their breast
normally feel so when a problem show up they can detect it. Dr. Browne, the National
Medical Associations point person on breast cancer said Some woman who are very
intelligent says they do not have time to go to the doctor, but it is just critical to do so.
It s sad to know that most part time workers do not receive health insurance to pay for
mammograms, and have to pay for it right out of their pocket plus be afraid on top of
that. Dr. Freeman, President and CEO of New York s North General Hospital, says He
thinks that it is harmful when he see white woman having the same symptoms as blacks
getting different treatment because some blacks don t have the funds to support
themselves . To all woman who do not for sure if they are diagnosed with breast cancer
go now because it could be curable says, Scientist.
- ... between the lies and the facts. A common misconception about the prevention of teen ... pregnancy is that the increase of contraception ... considerably. Those involved with the prevention of teenage pregnancy are optimistic ...
- ... is primarily a proactive one the prevention of transportation accidents the agency accomplishes this mission ... : 4 goals aimed at preventing or reducing the severity of future transportation accidents. Its ...
- ... as humans to overcome in the prevention of man-made global warming. What ... that the answers to the prevention in pollution are ironically a part of our technological ...
- ... the form of scholarships, it is essential that they also invest in the prevention of ... narcotic usage. The most effective means of prevention has been ... identified as the actual ...
- ... that will eventually lead to the prevention of some diseases and hopefully one ... prevents fetal tissue being given to help a loved one) 2. The acceptance of payment ... such as the development of vaccines, the discovery of new diseases, and the testing of new ...