Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Technology Advances and Effects in WW1 & WW2
As we advance in our everyday life technology the government advances in its warfare technology also. Warfare tactics changed and advanced vastly during the world wars. The damage and the effect of weapons increased as the technology increased causing these two wars to very high death counts and leave my wounded for life.
In World War 1 the atomic bomb was introduced as the new form of warfare weaponry. The atomic bomb could produce heat millions of degrees high, and visible ultraviolet and inferred rays. Everyone and everything exposed to their blast is affected. When the bomb was dropped only one mile away from ground zero, the blast cracked walls over twelve inches thick. The shockwave after the bomb was felt over a mile away. Heat incinerated everything within a 500-yard radius of the hypocenter.
One of these bombs was dropped on a city in Japan called Hiroshima. The immediate effects on Hiroshima people were just a foreshadowing of the ones to come. 150,000 people were killed instantly. Those who survived the initial blast, died later from high doses of radiation, which burns off skin and hair and destroys almost all internal organs. After the
blast, those who survived it had no clothes, hair, or skin because they had
been totally burned off. In many cases, the injuries from buildings
collapsing were as bad as those from the actual radiation blast. Years after the blast, children whose parents had been exposed to the radiation, had an extremely high rate of mental retardation leukemia and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
In World War 2 new techniques, weapons, and forms of transportation were introduced helping this war to have even more causalities then the First World War. The atom bomb was a big part of World War 2 this is because now people could be killed from a bomb sent from a long distance away. This bomb also covered a large area killing more people and leave people feeling the effects in the form of cancer.
New air warfare such as fighter jets was introduced in World War 2. These planes, which were quicker and more advanced then those in World War 1, carried deadly bombs and could take out a large numbers of people. New sea warfare was introduced also, such ships as the Corvette were popular, the Corvette was a small quick ship used mostly for shipping ammunition to Europe from North America. Also, submarines proved deadly as they were out of radar and carried deadly bombs such as the torpedo.
New techniques had to be used in World War 2 because of this updated technology. Techniques such as mouse holing and lightning warfare were some of the new techniques used. Mouse holing is when the soldiers would blow a hole in the wall of a building and move through the building capturing the nazi soldiers instead of going out on the open street and getting picked of by snipers. Lightning warfare was a technique used by the Germans. It was war tactic were planes were first sent in to a designated area and bombed it quite well, then tanks would be sent through to destroy things that withstood the bombing, then finally the soldiers were sent through. This was done to take over countries quickly and efficiently and to bring down the number of causalities with in their army.
While technology can be good and used for good reasons it was not within these World Wars. While technology advanced the number of people left to see it happen decreased immensely. Hopefully people within our World can learn from the mistake of this type of warfare and leave the advancement of technology to helping people instead of destroying them.
- Technology In Our Lives Essay, Research Paper Technology nowadays constantly seems to seep ... do actually exist. Like most technological advancements and breakthroughs, problems arise depending on ... ), it is clearly having an effect on farming. “[The New Leaf ...
- Technology In Our Society Essay, Research Paper Technology In Our Society No doubt, technology is increasingly ... risks. It is a positive effect of technology in the modern world. ... because of the advance of technology, they have become more and more powerful ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Technology: Good or Evil? People have often debated whether technology ... but also has an effect on our health. Lately ... chose to use the technology and spend the extra time ... that eventually this scientific advancement will lead into bigger ...
- Intergrating Technology And Leadership Essay, Research Paper The face of business has changed. Technology has taken ... a long way and eventually, will have a positive effect on the company ... computer black hole. Because technology is advancing at such a fast rate ...
- Computer Now And Then Essay, Research Paper Computer Then and Now and Where they are ... a stream of more advanced and smaller computer entering the market ... come in effect with the Internet and the expansion ... are not utilizing the technology that is out there. ...