Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
School And College Essay, Research Paper
It is a shame what our school has become. When I was young I
never had a fear of school. I was never afraid of my classmates and to be
honest, I loved school. I know things were different when I was in
elementary but can things change that much over six years? I see kids in the
elementary fight all the time with other students and I see first graders
uptown smoking. I am honestly amazed. How can a school system
deteriorate so fast? Is it the caliber of the students that we have? It seems
that children today have a broader knowledge of things than I did back then.
Some third graders know more words of profanity than I did as a freshman.
First graders getting suspended! This is outrageous. Is not school supposed
to be a place where the kids feel safe to learn and play.
hat can be done? Stricter rules, new faculty, new administration? Is
that the real problem? I think not. The rules are basically the same, there
are good teachers here and the administration is the same. I think the
problem begins with the teachers. If the teacher feels secure in his/her job
and know the administration will back their action, then he/she will be
more likely to enforce the rules. It seems that the problem children get
away with a lot. Is it the teacher does not want to go through the trouble of
filling out paperwork, or could it be that they are tired of fighting with
angry parents and not getting support from their supervisors. This, in turn,
hurts the children who want to try and learn. The teacher is too busy
disciplining the problem and it is taking away from the learning process.
Another thing is that the parents do not seem to care what happened. All
you hear is ?My son/daughter would never do that.?. They make derogatory
remarks about the teacher and nothing is ever done. In reality, the teachers
are probably with the child more than the parents are. In turn, the students
see that if they get in trouble all they have to do is get Mom/Dad up at
school and nothing will happen. Did the child learn anything? No, except
how to get out of trouble by blaming someone else.
In conclusion, I say if you have a punishment system; use it
and follow-up on the student?s progress. Repeat offenders should get a
harsher punishment than the first time. Do not pick and choose who to
punish and who not to. Support the people who work for you so they will
enjoy work more and will be more likely to stay for several years and maybe
even retire from here. This school is not a bad place to send your kids, it
may be the best in the county. But it still has room for improvement. You
have many bright and athletic children here. Mold them into
caring, responsible adults, not punk teenagers. ?The real student will learn
without guidance, but without guidance they will not learn what is really
important.? Jessica Tolin,2000.
- High School And College Essay, Research Paper It’s all up to you It’s all over now. No more ... . High school and college are very different and as incoming freshmen, you think that it ... manners. It’s up to you to show that your parents, school, and anyone ...
- School And Work Essay, Research Paper Juggling work and school, finding time for having fun, and liking what ... staff is usually comprised of college and high school students, thus, they are ... every two weeks. Great, isn’t it?As this writer certainly believes ...
- Women And Men Essay, Research Paper It has become a troubling cliche that ... overarching platitudes that permeate our social interactions. All men are pigs ... a college relationship. On the other hand, high school is over, so perhaps it ...
- Careers And Colleges Essay, Research Paper Research Project: Careers and Colleges It is difficult for first time ... realations specialists, sales representatives, social workers, and trainers and employee development specialists. With ...
- Lawyers School And Salaries Essay, Research Paper I am entering Georgia Tech as ... four years in college, three years in law school and completion of the ... take the LSAC (Law School Admissions Council). It is one of several ...