Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Cyrano De Bergerac – Book Review Essay, Research Paper
Cyrano de Bergerac was written by Edmond Rostand and
translated by Brian Hooker. It tells the story of a man named
Cyrano with a long nose. Cyrano is in love with a woman named
Roxane. However, Roxane loves Christian and asks Cyrano to teach
Christian how to write about love. Cyrano helps Christian win
The story takes place in Paris, France. It is during the
time of the French war against Spain. It starts at the Hotel de
Bougogue. Then, in Act 2, it is at Rageaneau’s Bakery. Act 3 is
at Roxane’s balcony and Act 4 takes place at the scene of a
battle. Act 5 is 15 years later at a convent.
The story begins at the Hotel de Bougogue. Cyrano goes to
and climbs on a stage inside the Hotel. Cyrano insults 48 people
including the Marquis. He duels a man named Valvert and kills
him. Cyrano also hears news that a friend would be killed that
night. Next, Cyrano goes to his friend’s house and saves him by
fighting off over a dozen men. Cyrano then hears news that Roxane
wants to meet him at Rageaneau’s Bakery.
The next day Cyrano goes to Rageaneau’s Bakery and meets
Roxane. She tells Cyrano that she loves Christian. He promises
that he will help teach Christian. Cyrano also is known as a hero
because he saved his friend and fought off over a dozen men.
Cyrano meets Christian and tells him that he will help him win
The next night, Cyrano and Christian meet at Roxane’s
balcony. However, Christian refuses to take a letter Cyrano wrote
for him to give to Roxane. Christian tries to explain to Roxane
that he loves her but she gets mad at him. Cyrano then helps
Christian win a kiss at her balcony by telling him what to say to
Roxane. DeGuiche is a general who hates Christian and Cyrano. He
sends them both to war the next day.
During the war the French are starving to death. Christian
does not feel well. Every day Cyrano writes and sends a letter to
Roxane from Christian. Roxane sneaks into the tent and brings
food to Christian and Cyrano. At this point the Spanish attack
and Christian is shot. When Roxane finds out she faints.
Christian had one letter in his pocket for Roxane. She always
keeps the letter in a pouch.
Fifteen years later Roxane is at a convent. Cyrano visits
her every week. One day Cyrano is hit over the head with a log.
LeBret, a friend of Cyrano’s, spots him and carries him up to his
room. Then Cyrano goes and meets Roxane. He tells her that he
wrote the letters for Christian. Next, Cyrano falls and dies at
Cyrano was a strong man and poet. He was strict, but kind
and had a very determined attitude. He was scared to tell Roxane
that he loved her because he had a big nose. He was a friend to
Christian and Rageaneau. He found out that Roxane would love him
even if he was ugly. However, this information was given to him
too late. He stood up to many nobles and was not scared of them.
Cyrano had the gift of knowing how to express himself.
Christian was a handsome man who had difficulties explaining
to people how he felt. Christian was intelligent. He had a
powerful determination and was strong. He loved Roxane and was a
good friend to Cyrano. He looked up to Cyrano. Christian tried to
help Cyrano win Roxane but he died before he could tell her.
Roxane was a kind hearted woman who wanted a handsome man
who was intelligent and could explain himself to her. She wanted
to have Cyrano as a good friend and did not know that he loved
her. She was a pleasant companion for Cyrano, but loved
Christian. She enjoyed talking about love.
Cyrano de Bergerac is a story that teaches you not to be
worried about your appearance above everything else. It also
teaches that you should take a chance sometimes, and tell people
the way you really feel, even if you are afraid to. Cyrano was
scared to tell Roxane that he loved her because he was ugly. When
he was dying he found out that she would love him even though he
Cyrano de Bergerac was an interesting story. It was a heroic
comedy broken into 5 acts. The story is suspenseful and romantic.
Some of the jokes in the story were funny. Overall, it was an
excellent book to read.
- ... Cyrano de Bergerac, I found myself often wondering whether or not Cyrano had ... of de Bergerac, was probably not the problem that Cyrano ... Do you really think that Roxanne would have accepted Cyrano ... efficiently dispatched. But, Cyrano still let his shrunken ...
- ... . He achieved fame with Cyrano de Bergerac; a play based on ... by many actors. Savinien Cyrano de Bergerac was a French writer born ... on a real person, Cyrano de Bergerac the play is fiction. The ... him. I thought that Cyrano de Bergerac is an excellent play that ...
- Cyrano De Bergerac Vs. Roxane Essay, Research Paper Cyrano de Bergerac, the Play vs. Roxane, the ... movie Roxane retold the play Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rustond in a ... differences exist between the play Cyrano de Bergerac and its movie reproduction. The ...
- Cyrano De Bergerac The story begins at the Hotel de Bourgogne in the year1640. Christian ... lady as Roxane, cousin to Cyrano de Bergerac. Christian also finds out from ... man is a maniac. Cyrano refused to let De Guiche pass and kept ...
- Cryano Essay, Research Paper Cyrano De Bergerac A romantic Hero The ... he is non other then Cyrano De Bergerac. Cyrano, because of his nose ... romantic heroes can do that? Whenever Cyrano speaks, the ... it wasn t him. Cyrano s heart throbbing determination towards ...