Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Persuasive Paper For Polictical Immigrants Essay, Research Paper
It has been brought to my attention that the percentage of
Immigrants that are allowed into the United States are so small that
it?s like nothing. It?s a shame that only a slim number of immigrants
are allowed into the United States. Which is kind of bizarre since
our country stands for freedom. My suggestion to Congress is to vote or to increase the number of political refugees. You?re probably sitting they?re reading my letter thinking, ?This young lady is crazy right? Allowing every immigrant into this country is like putting a neon sign on the Statue of Liberty that says ?Come to the U.S. we allow entry to everyone into this country!? Honestly, I can understand trying to control the illegal immigrants into the U.S. However, political refugees whose lives are in endangered in their homeland should have a higher consideration for political aslyum.
America is a country built by immigrants. If you think about it the only ?true American? is the American Indian. Everyone else came here from somewhere else. I believe if the immigrant get to this country they have just as many rights to stay here and given an opportunity to become an American citizen. I realize you do have to stop at a point. I believe if their life is endangered then they do have a right to request and be granted American citizenship. Just because they came from ?a Foreign Country? doesn?t mean you are allowed to treat them badly. Some of the people who come here are fleeing their own country due to either the country?s over-controlling government. Many governments are very violent and have no respect of life. The majority come with only the clothes on their back. And many flee the poverty, and hardship of their countries and risk their own lives for the freedom of the U.S. that we take for granted.
An example, in the book The Bean Trees two of the characters were illegal immigrants from Guatemala. In the story.
Esperanza and her husband Estevan flee from their homeland of
Guatemala because their government was after them. They
knew information about a group of twenty-five members. The government would do anything in their power to get that information from them. One day the government sent soldiers to the town where Esperanza and Estevan
lived in and killed three of the group?s members along with
Esperanza?s brother and kidnapped their daughter. As in the movie the Replacement Killers the lead character said, ?They get their revenge by going through their families.? That?s what I think the government did. They got revenge by kidnapping Esperanza?s daughter. They both had the courage though not to go after the only thing they had in this world they did this so the other members would live.
Another example is the poem We Never Stopped Crossing Borders. There?s a line in it that goes ?We kept jumping hurdles, kept breaking from the constraints, kept evading the border guards of every new trek. It was a metaphor to fill our lives.? You can put up barb wires at the borders, but the point is it still won?t stop these immigrants into getting into the U.S., ?The home of the free?. Please consider if people are allowed to enter with government consent they will have to revert to the illegal means of entry. if you raise the number of immigrants that are allowed into this country, the government might be able to control the illegal immigrating more.
The sides have been shown and I hope this gives you a
better understanding of what it?s like to be an immigrant and
what they have to go through to have freedom, unlike us,
American citizens who have the freedom to do what we please. I hope you take this idea into consideration and suggest to increase the percentage of political refugees into the U.S. Making my idea to be into a law.
- Persuasive Paper On Why Your Mom ... paying attention to the road. For example, one time I was ... happened to me a lot! For example, last week when I ... work. Your main reasoning for only getting us one ... no to this? I?m not asking for a mustang, just a decent little ...
- Persuasive Paper – Evolution Essay, Research Paper Like the biblical hero Adam, ... of genetic mutation allowing for easier grip on prey, ... fleshy membranes which allow for an animal to retain ... , 2 of which were used for grappling and climbing, this lizard ...
- ... , Research Paper There is no logical reason to write a persuasive essay for an ... English class. Persuasive essays definitely do ... to correct persuasive essays, I have a solution for you. Pick up the paper, read ...
- Euthanasia Persuasive Paper Essay, Research Paper Intentionally making someone ... in some developed countries. For instance, the Dutch practice ... forward in their research for medical advancement, because ... dying, they should struggle for survival. The hospitals ...
- Term Paper for “Free Speech, Pornography and the ... added] My goal in this paper is to suggest that a ... claims aboutharm to be very persuasive, and until they are addressed ... the Ontario Legal Context” Term Paper for “Free Speech, Pornography and the ...