Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Romeo And Juliet 12 Essay, Research Paper
Romeo and Juliet Plot Outline
Romeo and Juliet is a play written by William Shakespeare. It is a love story, which ends in tragedy, when the two lovers, Romeo and Juliet commit suicide when their feuding families prevent them from being together.
The Play starts off when the Montagues (Romeo s family), and the Capulets (Juliet s family) are arguing. Price Escalus, the Prince of Verona (Verona being the place where the two families live) stops the quarrel and orders the families to stop the feud. He tells them it has gone on for too long, and that next one of them that starts it up again will die.
Later that day, the Capulets have a costume parts. Romeo goes to the party looking for Rosaline, but instead finds Juliet and falls in love with her. Tybalt (The nephew of Juliet s mother, Lady Capulet) notices that Romeo is not a Capulet and challenges him to a fight. Lady Capulet quickly stops him, so Tybalt instead tells Romeo he will regret coming to the party.
Romeo and Juliet secretly get married and no one knows except for Juliet s nurse. Tybalt meets Romeo again and again tries to start a fight with him, but Mercutio (A kinsmen to Prince Escalus and a friend of Romeo) fights him instead. Tybalt kills Mercutio, and then Romeo kills Tybalt in revenge.
Juliet goes through a fit of weeping when she finds out Tybalt is dead, but she is still glad Romeo is alive. Her nurse then announces that Romeo has been banished and Juliet beging weeping again.
The Capulets arrange for Paris (A suitor of Juliet, liked by Lord Capulet) to marry Juliet on the coming Thursday, but Friar Laurence (Romeo s older friend) has a plan to get Juliet out of her dilemma, and back with Romeo.
Friar gives Juliet a potion to drink, which will put her to sleep for long enough to make everyone think she is dead, then she would be able to get out the tomb and run away with her lover, Romeo, never to be seen again.
Friar sends Romeo a letter informing him of the plan, but it never reaches him. He hears about Juliet s death and when he gets to her tomb, kills himself. When Juliet comes of her deep sleep she sees Romeo on the ground, dead, and commits suicide.
- Romeo And Juliet 11 Essay, Research Paper Why Romeo and Juliet was so popular in Shakespeare s time and why even today ... deal with young love (R&J, 12). This tragic play is cherished ...
- Romeo And Juliet Essay, Research Paper The names “Romeo” and “Juliet” have passed in our language ... a kiss I die” (V, III, l.11-12). If Romeo had received the letter from ... heaven and stars, Romeo and Juliet however, is not totally a tragedy of fate. Each ...
- ... ?S Romeo And Juliet Essay, Research Paper Who is to Blame? In William Shakespeare?s play Romeo and Juliet, there ... shall marry this noble earl”(12-21). This section shows ... parents, Friar Lawrence, and Romeo and Juliet, but each has its own good qualities ...
- Gatsby Vs. Fifth Business Essay, Research Paper Behind every great man lies ... throughout the play. In Romeo and Juliet, Juliet is the person with the ... our way.”(pg. 212 ln 12) Dunny’s reaction was much ... casually sorry, and then I forgot.” (pg. 65 ln 12) Nick ...
- ... Is Inhumane Essay, Research Paper December 12, 1984. Georgia. After the first jolt failed to ... charge struck him, and again the smoking and sizzling and broiling. His flesh ... , spraying deadly chemicals across the room toward the witnesses. The observation ...