Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Goals And Accomplishing Your Dreams Essay, Research Paper
Goals and Accomplishing Your Dreams
For many years jobs such as doctors, accountants, and corporate
executives were considered high profile . In the last decade, careers in the
field of law have become more important due to the increasing number of lawsuits.
One of my many long term goals is to become a tax lawyer. This is a goal I
have held near to my heart form several years. I can see myself walking into a
packed court room with my Italian suit and penny loafers on. The court room
grows silent as my client pleads not guilty. The judge raps his gavel and a
court date is set. It is a goal that is very distant and may change, but it is
one goal that I must strive for to achieve. For many teenagers this is the
leading cause of failure later in life. Many people loose their focus. A wise
man once said, ?Dreams are what life is made up of.? This statement is true in
the sense that if you have dreams you have something to look forward to;
something to focus on; even something to live for. Knowing that you are a VIP
is important in the decision-making process.
To accomplish your dreams, you must first face adversity in the eye and
conquer your fears. For me personally, training to be a lawyer will take time
and commitment. I must constantly look at where I am now and evaluate where I
need to go from here. There will never be a time in your life where you are at
the top. You must keep climbing the ladder of success. Fortunately I know that.
I have a good G.P.A., but I know there is always someone smarter than me, so I
continue to expand my knowledge.
Also, there are many obstacles that will stand in my way. Most of the
decisions I will make in the next ten years will have a profound impact on me as
a person, and society as a whole. I hope that we, as the graduating class of
2000, make good decisions because we are the future. Whether we choose to be
drug addicts, alcoholics, or thieves will change the way people treat us and
look at us. I know that things such as drugs will only hurt me, and my
performance in school. That is why I have made up my mind to never compromise my
life or values due to peer pressure. There is only one way for me to get where
I’m going and that is through hard word and determination. I must get my high
school diploma as well as go to college.
The truth of the matter is that good people sometimes fail. But if they
really care, they will not go down without a fight. Many times the people you
think care about you most will be the ones who lead to your demise. If your
friends are truly your friends, they won’t make you do something you don’t want
to do. It is okay to say no! There are no problems so big you can’t solve them.
As long as you have your goals in prospective, you can accomplish them.
Part of being a teenager is growing up, knowing your limits, and taking
responsibility for your life. There are consequences for every action you make
(small or large). Having goals is about keeping your focus. Don’t forget to
see the big picture. When a situation arises, you must act–not react. It is
important that you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Everyone around you is
effected by the way you talk, act, and express your feelings to others. Ronald
Regan once said, ?If you don’t have a dream, any road will get you there!? In
other words if you don’t have dreams, you don’t have direction.
- Descartes And Method Of Doubt Essay, Research Paper French philosopher ... to achieve his goals and how he uses ... telling us never trust your senses which once ... dreaming either way I am thinking, which is certain knowledge. Descartes accomplished his goals ...
- Imagination And How It Relates Essay, Research Paper Imagination is ... in life. A seven-year-old child may only imagine ... goals. The child then moves onward in his life, still dreaming and ... paper could have been accomplished without imagination. Imagination is ...
- ... a dream. You must have a plan. Dreams are merely thoughts or ideas ... onto something you have dreamed about all of your life. It has ... goals require baby steps. Review these goals daily, check off each accomplishment and celebrate each accomplishment in your ...
- ... distance runners have in their dreams. In the movie Remember the ... managed to overcome this obstacle and help each other as a team to ... things you have set your sights on and accomplishing your goals. Cassidy, a collegiate runner overcomes ...
- Dreams Of A Lifetime Essay, Research Paper Some people only get ... like if they had accomplished their life goals. Some people dream about ... come home drunk and beat on Steven and his sister, Danielle ... top of his class. For a year after that, Steven had worked ...