Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Genetic Engineering Essay, Research Paper
It is a well-known fact that drugs and alcohol can damage the fetus. The drugs may damage chromosomes in the fetus, which may develop into a deformity, mental problems, or even addiction to the drug. It is also
possible that a drug damaged the father’s sperm cells, which damaged inversely damaged the fetus.
This information may be used for genetic engineering or cross breeding. If a person where to crossbreed a type of cucumber that has a good resistance to disease, but tastes bad, and a cucumber with no immunity
that tastes good, you may get a good tasting disease resistance cucumber. Then again you may get disease prone bad tasting cucumber. It depends on the dominance of the genes involved.
Another aspect of genetics is evolution. Evolution is a series of mutations that result positively. For example, once ducks had no webbing on their feet. Only mutant ducks had webbing at the time. The mutant
ducks were better swimmers, so they survived attacks from predators while ducks without webbing did not. Thus only ducks with webbed feet survived, and we have the modern duck. Man has, supposedly,
evolved from apes in a similar manner.
Both evolution and inherited traits are interesting sciences, which may be important in the future. It may be possible, someday, to encourage evolution, and perhaps manipulate traits. I learned… 1. that environment
can affect what a person becomes in life. 2. that evolution is a part of life. 3. birth defects may be caused if the father uses drugs. 4. that hybrids may or may not be superior to the originals. 5. that the amount of
chromosomes an animal has does not determine its superiority. (People have 46 chromosomes, potatoes have 48)
- Genetic Engineering Essay, Research Paper GENETIC ENGINEERING PURPOSE: To better understand how genetic engineering works and where it is going in the ... hold back the advancement of genetic engineering. This paper is also at http://www ...
- Genetic Engineering Essay, Research Paper The Benefits and Risks of Genetic Engineering The arrival of genetic engineering presents Catholics with ... word on genetic testing is that it is morally just when it functions as an ...
- Genetic Engineering Essay, Research Paper Genetic Engineering We find it mixed in ... consultation. It is variously known as genetic engineering, genetic modification or genetic manipulation. ... you want to understand genetic engineering it is best to start with ...
- Genetic Engineering Essay, Research Paper Genetic Engineering: Improve the quality of life ... on the ecosystem (Russell27). Is it worth spending an immense amount ... into potential reality.(96) Genetic engineering is beneficial and can significantly improve ...
- Genetic Engineering Essay, Research Paper What’s Genetic Engineering? Nowadays, scientists have learned a great ... causing gene is located. It is significantly important to know where it located ... talk about this disease, it is impossible not to mention about ...