Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
John Grisham Essay, Research Paper
John Grisham was born on February 8 1995 in the town of Jonesboro,
Arkansas. His father was an emigrant construction worker so the family
moved a lot. In 1967 they came to Southhaven, a little town outside
Memphis. John got an undergraduate degree in accounting at the
Mississippi State University and after that he went to Lawschool at OLE
Miss and graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1981. After
his graduation he returned to Southhaven to work as a lawyer. He got
himself a small office where he practiced criminal law. John was also
politically engaged and in 1983 he won the election the Mississippi
House of Representatives. He now started to work on his first book, “A
Time to Kill” which he later finished in 1987. This book was based on
his own experience as a small-town lawyer but it wasn t a hit (it is
today). John Grisham continued to practice law and he also started
writing his second book, “The Firm,.” His luck changed one day in 1990
when Paramount Pictures paid him $600,000 for the rights to his new
book and this happened even before a publisher accepted it. The Firm
was published in 1991 and stayed on the best-sellers lists for nearly a
year. In 1992 his third book, The Pelican Brief was published and it
became and enormous success. At the same time “A Time to Kill” was
republished and this time it became a best-selling book. In 1993 “The
Client” was published and “The Chamber” came the year after that. His
two most recent books are “The Runaway Jury” (1996) and “The Partner”
(1997). All of his books are or will be movies, five of them already
are (The Client, The Pelican Brief, The Firm, A Time to Kill and The
Chamber). In 1990 he gave up his job as a lawyer and resigned his seat
in the state Legislature to write books. Today he lives in
Charlottesville, Virginia with his wife Renee and his two kids Ty and
Shea. Apart from writing books John also coaches his son s Little
League team. He also has a small farm in Oxford, Mississippi.
- John Grisham Essay, Research Paper POOR BOY TO CELEBRITY John Grisham has risen from a poor boy ... of many young aspiring authors. John Grisham has become a celebrity by having ... law-writer of our time. (John 2). John Grisham was born in 1955 in ...
- Jane Eyre Essay, Research Paper Jane Eyre By Charlotte Bronte ... John would constantly cause her physical and emotional harm, while cousins Georgiana ... and Eliza preferred to ignore her. Jane had ... The rest of the paper is available free of ...
- ... Client John Grisham Essay, Research Paper In writing the Crime novel The Client , John Grisham has ... under the witness protection program. John Grisham uses a very similar format ... Roy Foltrigg the federal Prosecutor. John Grisham s character of Barry the ...
- Chamber By John Grisham Essay, Research Paper The Chamber, written by John Grisham, is about the presence of ... the line in order to join the firm that was representing ... these. Bibliography the chamber by john grisom
- The Rainmaker By John Grisham Essay, Research Paper The world is full ... cases to FBI investigations, John Grisham does a swell job in ... was published, in 1991, John Grisham has been in a creative ... provides a goood read. John Grisham has done his homework now ...