Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Hiroshma Essay, Research Paper
Hiroshima is the capital of Hiroshima Prefecture,
Southwestern Honshu, Japan. Hiroshima has warm. Hiroshima caught
the attention of the world when a U.S. plane dropped the first atomic bomb
on the City, destroying it on August 6,1945. The Atomic bomb blast in
1945 obliterated three- fifths of the city within seconds and
killed about 75,000 people. At exactly fifteen minutes past eight
in the mourning, on August 6, 1945 Japanese time, at the moment
When the atomic bomb flashed above Hiroshima.
At the time of the blast Mrs.Huts Nakamura, a tailors
widow stood by the window of her kitchen, watching a neighbor
tearing down his house because it laid in path of an air-raid
defense free lane . Mrs. Huts Nakamura, who lived in the section
called Nobori-Cho got her three children, a ten year old
boy,Toshio, an eight year old girl yoke, and a five year old
girl, Mohawk out of bed and dressed them and walked with them
to the Military area known as the East Parade Ground. There she
unrolled some mats and the children laid down on them. They
slept until about two, when they were awakened by the roar of
the planes going over Hiroshima. As soon as the planes had
passed, Mrs.Nakamura started back with her children. They
reached home a little after two-thirty and she immediately turned
on the radio, which was broadcasting a fresh warning. She put the
children in their bedrolls on the floor, laid down herself at
three o’clock, and fell asleep at once. The siren jarred her
awake at about seven o’clock, she arose and hurried to the house
of Mr.Nakamoto, the head of her neighborhood Association and
asked him what she should do. He told her to remain at home
unless an urgent warning. The Government convinced,
everyone in Hiroshima that the city would be attacked. Their
house was 1,350 yards or three-quarters of a mile, from the
center of the explosion. Timbers fell around her as she landed
and a shower of tiles also fell on her; everything became dark
and she became buried. She heard a child cry “Mother,help me!”
and she saw her youngest child, Mohawk the five year old buried
up to her chest and unable to move. As Mrs.Nakamura started
Frantically to claw her way toward the baby, she couldn’t see or
hear anything of her other children.
Mrs.Nakamura always was a strong person, she never thought
of the worst and always hoped for the best. Here is an example
of her strength, Mrs.Nakamura, although she was too ill to walk
she managed to return to Hiroshima alone, by electric car to
the outskirts, by foot from there. Mrs.Nakamura cared for her
children and everyone else. Her attitude was always pushing for
the good never wanting to give up. Mrs.Nakamura said,(she needed
nothing more to make her give up thinking, in spite of the
atomic bomb, that Japan still had a chance to win the war).
Mrs.Nakamura helped everyone through this time including herself.
Weakness occurred after the bomb had dropped. Mrs.Nakamura, who
had suffered no cuts or burns at all, though she had been
rather nauseated all through the week she and her children had
spent as guests of Father Kleinsorge and the other Catholics at
the Novitlate. Mrs.Nakamura began fixing her hair and noticed,
after one stroke through her hair, that her comb carried with it
a whole handful of hair. Three or four days past, she became bald
and began living indoors, practically hiding. Mrs.Nakamura
daughter, Mohawk woke up feeling week and tired and they both
stayed on their bedrolls. Her son and other daughter, who had
shared every experience with her during the after bombing, felt
fine. They did not realize it, but they were coming down with the
strange, capricious disease which became known as radiation
sickness. Mrs.Nakamura laid indoors with Mohawk. They both
continued to be sick, Mrs.Nakamura realized that their sickness
was caused by the bomb. Mrs.Nakamura was too poor to see a doctor
and never knew exactly what the matter was. Without any treatment
at All they began to feel better. All the children had lost a
little hair but were well.
Hiroshima is the capital of southwestern Honshu, Japan.
The Atomic bomb blast in 1945 destroyed three fifths of thep
city within seconds and killed about 75,000 people.
Mrs.Huts Nakamura, with her ten year old boy Toshio, eight year
old girl Yoke, and a five year old girl Mohawk were strong
through the whole situation.
I chose Mrs.Nakamura because she was a very strong and caring
person who never gave up for herself and her children. I also chose
Mrs.Nakamura because she is the one character who kept me
interested in the book. That is why I chose Mrs.Nakamura.
- Petroleum Essay, Research Paper What is the first thing that comes to ... you to understand the rest of this paper. A barrel is the standard unit used ... occur as the result of accidents called blow outs. A horizon is an underground ...
- Cloudstreet Essay, Research Paper Cloudstreet is the story of two families struggling to make ends ... chapter is shown in the opening sentences. ?Quick Lamb reads the paper every ... he was careless, the swaggering underage horseman from the colonies showing how ...
- The Beatles Essay, Research Paper It is not often that a band comes along and changes the face ... McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. Each came from a working ... in 1956, joined by Harrison in 1957. The three (along with one ...
- Egyptian Creators Essay, Research Paper As is the case with most ancient mythologies, the Egyptians created myths ... -disk or as the youthful sun of the eastern horizon. As the sun climbed ... known as Atum the old man, or Horus on the horizon. As a solar ...
- The Tundra Essay, Research Paper Tundra is a large region located in the northern hemisphere of the world. ... times of the year. In the summer, the sun remains above the horizon 24 hours ... days, and in the winter, the sun remains below the horizon 24 hours a day ...