Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
How to Lose Weight
Losing weight is a battle that most people have fought at one point in their lives. Weight Loss is not only physical, it is also a mental. Most people lack the motivation to start a diet and exercise plan and stick to it. That is the number one reason why people donot succeed when they try to lose weight. People need to make a commitment to lose weight, get their priorities straight, set realistic goals, eat healthy, become physically active
and change their lifestyle, if they plan to achieve any weight loss.
The first step to improving chances of losing weight safely and keeping it off permanently is to make a commitment. Lose weight because you want to. Do not try to please anyone else but yourself. You must be internally motivated to lose weight because it is what you want to do. Just find a routine that fits your lifestyle and stick to it. That is a major problem for some people because they are constantly worried about what others
think about them. They always try to please others and often get depressed when they get negative feedback. This can cause some people to eat even more.
The second step is to get your priorities straight. Do not set yourself up for failure by trying to improve your lifestyle if you are distracted by other major problems within your life. It takes a lot of mental and physical energy to change habits. If you are having
marital or financial problems or if you are unhappy with the major aspects of your life, then you may be less likely to follow through on your good intentions. Timing is critical. Take advantage of the interest you have in losing weight today. Do not say, I will start
after the holidays, or One of these days I will be ready. Buy new exercise shoes and weights, take a walk, plan this week’s meals and make a shopping list today.
The third step is to set a realistic goal. Try to achieve a comfortable weight you maintained easily as a young adult. If you have always been overweight, try to reach a weight that will keep your blood pressure down and improve your energy. Accept that weight loss is slow and steady. Try to set a goal to lose no more than one or two pounds a week. Losing as little as a half of a pound per week is great because it is a start. If you plan on losing fifteen to twenty pounds, then it would be a wise choice to consult your
doctor and let him know of your plans. You will especially need to consult your doctor if you have any health problems or you are on medication.
The fourth step is to start eating healthy. Cut back on calories and fats. You have to keep watch on how much you cut back. Eating fewer than 1,200 calories per day often makes it difficult to get enough of certain nutrients, such as folic acid, magnesium, and zinc. It also promotes temporary loss of fluid rather than permanent loss of fat. It is recommended that 1,500 to 2,000 calories eaten each day. Eating well makes it easier to lose weight because you will feel better, and have more energy to stay active. Your daily
intake of calories should break down like this: 55 to 60 percent from carbohydrates, 15 to 20 percent from protein, and 20 to 30 percent from fat. Make sure you load up on fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. They will help provide lifelong protection from a host of health problems, including cancer and heart disease.
The fifth step is to get and stay active. Dieting alone can help you lose weight, but is rather slow. Exercising and dieting at the same time will help a person to lose weight twice as fast. The goal of exercising for weight loss is to burn calories. To burn calories, you have to engage in frequent, long and intense activities. A great example of this is to walk for at least forty minutes straight. You must first start out your exercises slowly.
Gradually increase duration and intensity. Walking is the ideal choice for people, but you can swim, ride a bike, jog, or even dance. It often will help you if you can find a partner that will join you while you exercise. Instead of doing the easy way, start using the stairs instead of the elevators or ride a bike or walk to go short distances instead of using your
The last step is that you need to change your life. It is not enough to eat healthy and exercise for a few weeks or even several months. You have to incorporate these behaviors into your life. You have to change the behaviors that made you overweight in the first place. Lifestyle changes involve taking a good look at your eating habits and daily routine. It is not good to fill up your plate and clean it up. It is also not good to compel yourself to eat everything on your plate even when you are full. Start saving the rest of the food that you did not eat for later. Do not try to stuff yourself. Try not to eat fast or take big bites. Try to work out a strategy that will change your habits and attitudes
that may have sabotaged your past efforts.
In conclusion, losing weight will be a lot more than just diet and exercise. Losing weight is more mental than it is physical. If you do not have the right mind set, you will not be able to succeed in weight loss no matter how much you exercise. When you succeed in losing weight, your life will be changed in many positive ways. Your health will be great and you will find that you have a lot more energy than you had before.
- How To Improve Memory Essay, Research Paper Mr. Douglas Enclosed in the ... form math and apply it to the weight lifting. Such as 5 x 5=25 ... your load and give you less to remember. I used this when ... helps me feel like there are fewer things to do. Instead of ...
- How Media Influences Women Essay, Research Paper We, the ... they become increasingly conditioned to lose weight (be in control). ... destructive to family members and friends. The weight loss industry ... percent of those who lose weight through diet products ...
- How Television Affects Society Essay, Research Paper How Television Effects Society ... find our youth killing each other and denouncing God. ... that you can loose weight by watching T.V, and ... promises to their consumers. Advertisements for companies like Samsung ...
- A Window To The West Essay, Research Paper History has it that the ... the west was limited because of Russia’s lack of access to warm ... as Russia could look out to Western Europe. Peter wanted to create a city ... evil city. This was also how Pushkin, the author of ...
- ... A Healthy Weight Essay, Research Paper Maintaining A Healthy Weight Data collected ... adipose tissue leads to excess weight and eventually turns ... discussed. That is, ?How can people tell the ... output. Conversely, they lose weight when their energy output ...