Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Non Existence Of God Essay, Research Paper
God does not exist, it is a scientifically proven fact. There are many facts and paradoxes which exist to disprove this belief. Don’t be led in by the bunch of fanatics and weak minded people who would have you believe that we’re all being watched over by some divine being.
“Can God build a wall that is so heavy he cannot lift it?” – Joseph Powell, Professor of Philosophy, Columbia University. This is a paradox which shows God cannot be all powerful, if he can’t lift it then he is not all powerful, if he cannot build one at all, then he cannot be all powerful which many people and the Bible, claim him to be, this is the first step in destroying belief in God. Christians and followers of other religions have tried to destroy the arguments such as this for many years but have been unsuccessful, “What happens when the immovable object meets the unstoppable force?” Is one point commonly argued to show that paradoxes can be used either way. Why the answer is simple, the force would reflect off the object. Back to the drawing board for anyone who uses that one.
If God is all powerful, he could do anything possible. Yet it is impossible to add 2 and 2 together and get 9. So their next argument is he could only do things that are humanly possible. What about the miracles he and Jesus [i]supposedly[/i] performed. Walking acrross water. A burning bush talking. Splitting the Red Sea. Mana. To name but a few of the events which could clearly not have happened.
“If the Earth had to have a creator, then why should God not have a creator? If he doesn’t, then why should everything else have a creator, ie God?” Brett Phillips, Agnostic. Again, the non existence of God is proved. This tells us that God cannot be the creator of the Earth, or that he has been created by some other divine power, a higher authority.
The story about the Muslim student and his professor of Philosophy is a rather harder one to disprove, but it was really quite simple “Since we cannot see, touch, taste, smell or hear the Professor’s brain, I conclude that it does not exist!” is the last line of the story. Just because we can’t sense something, doesn’t mean it isn’t there, it is known that the human body needs a brain to survive and we can detect it, just not with ordinary means, again more propaganda.
Religion itself is nothing but another excuse for wars. Think of all the fighting that would have not occured had it not been for Religion. There would be no fundamentalists such as Arafat & Bin Laden. There would have been no September 11th. No wars which dragged out since before memory over land which should never have been given to the Israelis, the world would be a better place to live.
The final part of the argument is how the Universe was actually created. “How did the Big Bang occur?”. The Big Bang is a scientific enigma, nobody knows how it came around. Unlike believers, we don’t think that we need to know everything about the world, it doesn’t matter if we don’t know how it happened or how something else happens. “If God is all powerful and has ultimate control over our lives, then why is there so much evil in the world?” – Micheal McBride, Professor of Philosophy, Texas State University. It has been said that we have free will and we make our own decisions, but then would that not be contradictory, in saying that God is not all powerful?
In conclusion, I think that this essay should have completely destroyed belief in God in all except the fanatics who simply have blind faith in something that cannot be proven, religion is nothing but a story to put the insecure at rest.
- The Existence Of God Essay, Research Paper Synopsis: Rational arguments concerning the existence of God are quite fascinating since they ... than non-existence : God exists Hartshorne (20th. cent) The divine mode of being is a state of `necessary existence ...
- Existence Of God Essay, Research Paper For being accustomed in ... his existence. Therefore, God necessarily exists. –The potentiality of non-existence is a negation of power, and contrariwise the potentiality of existence ...
- Existence Of God Essay, Research Paper Chris Karcz114-68-4634 Existence of God or the Lack There of Philosophers and theologians ... searched a way to prove the existence or non-existence of God. Many of these philosophers have made ...
- Existance Of God Essay, Research Paper “No one can think the opposite of that which is self evident ... cause dependent of all other causes. The existence of non-important beings demands the existence of an important ...
- The Crucible Men Of God Essay, Research Paper The Crucible: Men of God Men of God? The Crucible by Arthur Miller is ... Hale has now become non-existent. In Act 4, the actions Parris took to ...