Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Frank Sinatra once said, “You’re riding high in April, shot down in May. But I know I’m gonna change that
tune, when I’m back on top, back on top in June.” Does the epitome of individualism lie in the lyrics of a
Las Vegas singer? Is this really how far we must look to find the principles on which this country was
created? Unfortunately, this is the case. Social programs implemented by the Federal Government have
produced a nation of sniveling crybabies. The concept of rugged individualism has been replaced by the
doctrine of victimization. Consequently, we find ourselves entrenched in a constant battle to save our
nation from imminent disaster. Social and moral deterioration is attributed to the following: the media
chastising traditional views, publicly funded Federal handouts, and the breakdown of family values.
The median from which the majority of Americans receive their news has one major flaw; it’s not
actually the news. NBC, CBS, and ABC report the news from their perspective. Whatever news they
deem important is constructed to parallel the public sentiment. This has an enormous impact on the way
we form social priorities, morals, and personal principles. If were told what to think, how do we become
independent? For example, when an individual openly proclaims that welfare is harmful, that same
individual is called a bigot by the press. It is no longer safe to promote conservative ideals for fear of
Our nation has been in a downward spiral ever since The New Deal. The Roosevelt
Administration attempted to remedy poverty by throwing money at the poor, free for the asking. Although
we’ve demonstrated for the past fifty years that this method does not work, it is still implemented
nevertheless. The Federal Government subsidizes the poor by sending them tax-free checks. Instead of
encouraging individuals to realize their full potential, the Government labels them as helpless; unable to
survive without a bloated Federal Government providing them things. Recent legislation is aimed at
helping welfare recipients by aiding their job search. Moving recipients off welfare and into jobs gives
them a feeling of self-reliance. This is the key to a happy, successful life.
Society’s ideals have changed dramatically in recent times. Unfortunately, these changes have a
negative impact on the families of America. Single parent households, divorces, and teenage pregnancy is
becoming more common. Personal responsibility has long been abandoned. Even common courtesy has
been thrown in the background. The absence of a stable family threatens the future of our children. The
alarming trends show us that children of broken homes have a greater risk of becoming delinquents than
their stable family counterparts.
Undoubtedly, our founding fathers would be ashamed of our nation’s integrity. America was built
on core beliefs. The seemingly most important belief is rugged individualism. The founders emphatically
stressed the notion that every individual is sovereign, and dependency on Government is political slavery.
America can still be saved. Every citizen should feel personal responsible for the welfare of his or her
family. In addition, Americans should teach their children to emulate positive role models, rather than the
fringe sections of our society. Many people believe that these are extravagant ideals and that we could not
afford to upset the current standards. On the other hand, can we afford not to?
- Paper Essay, Research Paper History has recorded ... China show how social, political and ritualistic issues were ... the reigns of both French kings, Louis the ... from China altered somewhat once the Chinese realized ... British India, Java, Sumatra and Ceylon and with ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper The United States, China and the Three Gorges Dam: Toward A Sounder ... does not always separate political from commercial considerations. On ... from once in 10 years to once in ... , the Japanese, Germans, French, and Canadians have stepped ...
- Cornwallis Essay, Research Paper The man who ... volunteers serving under Thomas Sumter, whom they elected as ... to deal with Thomas Sumter’s little army of 1000. ... soon by sea, once the French fleet had arrived. ... impossible web of Indian politics. He also proved he ...
- Death Penalty Essay, Research Paper March 31, ... to a French seaside village. But French law forbids ... Mr. Penry was once again sentenced to death ... the Eighth Amendment,” Justice Sandra Day O’Connor said ... and Defense United States Politics and Government Crime ...
- ... America And China Essay, Research Paper Latin American concern ... to modern nationalism. Louis Snyder has written that nationalism ... politics, and identity in Latin American nationalism were Jean Franco ... of synthesis. Alonso Reyes once remarked that Latin America ...