Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
How does this Enzyme effect on this Biochemical Reaction?
Purpose: The purpose of this lab was to discover the effects that certain enzymes have on chemical reactions. Were studying organic chemistry specifically, cells and proteins. The building blocks for proteins are enzymes and what better way to understand how they work than to watch them catalyze a reaction.
Hypothesis: None really, just that we predict reactions in all of the test tubes except in test tube four where you sprinkle sand into the Hydrogen Peroxide.
Manganese Dioxide Powder
Mortar and Pestle
10 Test Tubes
Test Tube Stand
Procedure: First, we took all 10 test tubes and arranged then as they were number 1 to 9. Then in test tube one we measured 2ml of water into the first test tube. For all of the others we put 2ml of Hydrogen Peroxide. Then in each of the test tubes we did the following:
+ Test Tube One Sprinkled a pinch of Manganese Dioxide Powder
+ Test Tube Two A small Piece of Fresh Liver
+ Test Tube Three A Small amount of sand
+ Test Tube Five Grounded up liver and sand
+ Test Tube Six boiled liver
+ Test Tube Seven boiled Manganese Dioxide Powder and Water
+ Test Tube Eight Potato
+ Test Tube Nine Potato and Sand
Test Tube Observations on Reactions
1 Bubbled, turned black; for about 2 or 3 seconds
2 Bubbled much higher than the first one, for 10 seconds
3 Carbonated bubbled and filled almost the entire tube for 212 seconds
4 No Reaction
5 Carbonated about halfway up the test tube, lasted for 12 seconds
6 Liver turned green, bubbled half way up the tube
7 Turned Black, left residue
8 Fizzed for 2min and 45 sec
9 Carbonated Slowly for 52 seconds
- ... Activity Essay, Research Paper Enzyme Action: Testing Catalase Activity Introduction: Enzymes are ... catalysts and accelerate chemical reactions in living organisms. Enzymes accomplish this by ... enough to have influential effects on the overall results of ...
- Enzyme Action Essay, Research Paper Introduction “Enzymes are biological catalysts that ... for chemical reactions. Cofactors and coenzymes are introduced when the enzyme needs ... , peroxide, concentration has minimal effects on the guaiacol oxidation, however the ...
- ... efficiently in order to contribute effectively to subsequent generations is another ... only a small percent will survive. On the other hand, an organism ... produced by a series of enzyme-controlled chemical reactions, each enzyme being derived originally from DNA ...
- Enzyme Activity Essay, Research Paper Enzyme Activity in the Liver Lab #6 ... acids that are responsible for chemical reactions. Enzymes are also called organic catalysts ... effect does acidity have on enzyme activity? A: It effects how fast and how ...
- ... 000 to 2,000 chemical reactions. For example digestive enzymes break down food ... effect of a specific variable on the reaction I will firstly ... of the mean result being effected by a very different ... 1) Put 25ml of starch into each of 5 different test tubes. ...