Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Cons Of Cloning Essay, Research Paper
Many people say that everyone in the world has a twin. Today, science and technology has the ability to make this myth reality through the process of cloning. I am strongly against cloning for many reasons. People should not utilize cloning because it would destroy individuality and uniqueness, cause overpopulation, animal cruelty, it is against morals and ethics, and it violates many religious beliefs.
In order to strongly argue against cloning, there must be an understanding of its process and what exactly it is. Simply stated, a clone is a duplicate just like a photocopy. A good example of such copies that occur are identical twins, which are duplicates of each other. The first step of DNA cloning is to isolate a complete gene and is to chromosomal sequences and then to gradually begin flaking the chromosomal sequences of a single DAN molecule. Then the DNA clone can be electronically labeled and used as a probe to isolate the chromosomal sequences from a collection of different types of genes, which should contain cloned sequences that would represent the whole gene. This action will produce new sets of cloned cells identical to the mother cell. The new set of cells are isolated and likewise the simplified process is repeated all over again until the cells form a complete organ. In order to produce a complete organism the DNA must be altered in a variety of way to come out with the finished product to be the complete organism. In simple terms, a cell is taken from a donor woman. Then an unfertilized egg is taken from a second woman. The DNA from the cell is removed and transferred to the egg. The egg is then implanted into a surrogate mother. The resulting baby is genetically identical to the original donor.
Human cloning destroys individuality and uniqueness. What makes people unique is the fact that we have different genes and cloning would lose these important parts of our bodies makeup. There would be less of a variety of people and everyone would be the same. This would not only be the good qualities, but also the bad that would pass on. Since clones and the original donor will look alike and have the same DNA, it would be nearly impossible to tell the difference. Overtime, they would lose their individuality and uniqueness. For example, say a crime was committed. It would be impossible to know which one committed the crime. The biggest problem with cloning on a large scale is the decline in genetic diversity.
Cloning will cause an increase in animal cruelty. It will be just another means of keeping animals unjustly enslaved and subject to pain for selfish human purposes. Animals should not be treated as objects.
If cloning is made legal, it will cause overpopulation. A shortage of food and water would occur that would have been needed to feed clones. There would also be a shortage of jobs and housing. Experts say that if scientists were to attempt today to clone a human being, there would probably be no legal barriers. Despite several bills in Congress and assertion of authority by FDA over cloning, the controversy is still in the debate stage. Anti-cloning bills have been introduced in more than 30 state legislatures. But with cloning techniques evolving so fast, as many of the proposed laws are so riddled with loopholes they would not ban cloning at all.
Cloning crosses the lines with religious beliefs and morals. There is only one creator, God. Scientist should leave their hands out of Gods pockets. Humans should not take over the divine power of God to create life. This takes away from the miracle of life and natural childbirth. Cloning either people or animals is beyond what scientist should get involved with.
What is considered ethical varies from culture to culture, race to race, and country to country. The concept of cloning humans and animals has widened the gap between religious, cultural, and personal moral beliefs that are shared in today s society. These differences have made many people outraged as well as uneasy about cloning.
Even though there may be a few positive things about cloning, overall the cons show some serious outcomes that cloning could possibly cause in the future. Violation of the basic quality of uniqueness, loss of genetic diversity, not being able to know who is who, over population, animal cruelty, and the fact that it is morally wrong makes cloning a wrong turn in technology.
- Cloning Essay, Research Paper The biological definition of a clone is an organism that ... once the pros outweigh the cons. A good place for us to ... were few scientists still studying cloning. Many had predicted that it was ...
- Cloning Essay, Research Paper Cloning has many more advantages than disadvantages. The definition of cloning is to duplicate an ... . www.asiaonline.net “Pros and Cons of Cloning,”April 9, 2000. www.cyberpet.com ...
- Bioethics Cloning Essay, Research Paper The biological definition of a clone is an organism that ... once the pros outweigh the cons. During the late seventies and ... regulate the use of cloning, both for humans and animals. Many religious organizations ...
- Human Cloning Essay, Research Paper The biological definition of a clone is an organism that ... once the pros outweigh the cons. A good place for us to ... are to venture into cloning we must make many precautions. I think the ...
- ... Of Embryonic Cloning Essay, Research Paper Embryonic Wars The specific objective of this major essay ... cons and gaining a greater understanding of the present scenario. Formally speaking, embryonic cloning ... the actions that, to many, seem unethical and even ...