Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
At The Interface – The Frontier Regions Essay, Research Paper
northern half of Mesopotamian plain ? northern across Taurus range and Black
sea? but Armenian kingdom affects this
as does. ?
M main region
political boundary never corresponds with cultural division, similarly in
Armenia even common religion did not stop differing provinces. ?
Aramiac dialect common
in M and Fertile Crescent ? does not mean ethnic homogeneity ? Jewsish, Arabian
all sorts.? No means religious homogeneity? -Zoroastrian in RE and Christians in SM
(more than Zs). ?
importance of region with build up of troops from early stage ? Romans also
develop own ties with Arab clientele as Arab form own groups ? v effective
Frye ? defence of
northern Mesopotamia never relied continuous line of defences – Frye no sign of
structure ? character of zone of transit, concentration of resources in
well-situated cities.? SP hardly
provided structure either. ?
John of Ephesus states
frontier closed during war ? implies relatively easy access during
peacetime.? Millar ? Eastern Frontier
dictated positioning of soldiers and officials but hardly affected attitudes or
movements of people on either side. ?
Why cross? Christian
in Persia want to go to important religious sites ? Jerusalem etc + shrines at
Edessa etc = Persian schooling ? theological problems stop this later on ?
Medical education carriers on ? Khurso I shows preference from Roman trained
Interchange letter and
people between Christian and Jewish communities frequent. ?
interchange across border of M ? goods from China and India into Roman Empire. ?
interaction in this region
- ... , but the cry of all the innocents who have died at the hands of ... form of human suffering lies at the interface between body and soul, we ... form of human suffering lies at the interface between soul-body and spirit ...
- ... neither the patience nor the desire to learn the intricacies of these interfaces. Even ... saw the development of two browsers to interact with Internet interfaces via the ... World Wide Web server at the ...
- ... concentrating, in particular, on the human-computer interface. It will hopefully be ... for the one is frequently good for the other. The user’s behaviour at the interface is ... often believed to be shaped by the ...
- ... Interface. 2. Under DMI Compliant Component, click Intel PC System Description. 3. Click the ... the OK button. J. At the Change Display type box, click the Close button. K. At the Display ...
- ... Star Workstation. This was the first graphical user interface. They gave a demo ... for the PC, the 8-bit stereo sound system with CD-ROM interface and ... material from the internet. The fifth generation of computers starts at the present and ...