Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Reality Vs. Illusion Essay, Research Paper
Reality vs. Illusion
A. Introduce topic
1. Reality and illusion
2. Confusion between the two
II. First Body
1.Othello is a great example
2. Iago gains revenge through this
III. Second Body
1. Out of revenge
2. Iago uses his plan
A. Reality vs. Illusion
1. Confusion between the two
2. Iago knows how to get his way
Reality and illusions are two words which may be confused among
people reading or learning about this sort of topic. Reality is what is real or
true and should not be misinterpreted with illusion, which is fake or something
a person believes is real. Often people can put an illusion in some ones head
and through words, can manipulate how they think, which affects the person’s
judgment on what is reality and what is an illusion. Illusions can be mistaken
as being reality and very often there is a person making another believe in the
illusion through his/her actions and speech.
The play ?Othello? has the greatest example of this and is
easily understood through this example. Iago is a very intelligent man who uses
peoples weaknesses to his advantage. Iago has got to be one of Shakespeare’s
most evil characters and he is a character who stands out among all of the
Shakespeare characters. Iago uses his skill to gain revenge and take advantage
of people who he believes deserves this sort of punishment.
Iago uses this revenge in many occasions, one in particular he
talks to Othello about Casssio and makes Othello believe that Cassio is sleeping
with Othello’s wife Desdemona. This is definitely not the truth but Iago talks
in such a way that Othello has no choice but to believe him. Iago also plants
Desdemona’s handkerchief in Cassio’s cabin knowing that Othello will eventually
find it. Iago uses persuasive words to make Othello believe these illusions and
as an extra plan Iago is making Othello trust in him because only a good friend
would break this kind of news to another friend.
Reality and illusion are often mixed up as in Othello. People
have to look out for the situations such as this. It is hard to believe such
opposite words with opposite meanings could be mixed up so easily if a person
actually puts some intelligent thinking behind a plan like this. To give credit
where credit is due, Iago is very intelligent and he knows how to get his way.
- Nick Vs. Tom Essay, Research Paper NICK vs. TOM There are numerous types ... the themes of morality and reality versus illusion. One of Nick s ... Tom s baseless judgments reflect the illusions in his world, for his ... themes of morality and reality versus illusion.
- Religion Vs. Spirituality Essay, Research Paper Religion Vs. Spirituality Shehzad Ali ... world is mostly an illusion and that the ... acknowledge as Eternal Wisdom, Ultimate Reality, creator of all Life. ... prefer our illusions and private idols to reality, mystery, ...
- Searle Essay, Research Paper Solving the Mind-Body Problem: Dualism vs. Searle ... illusions, behavior, functions, or computer programs. Denial of the reality ... the “argument from illusion” that Searle alludes to ... that freedom is an illusion, along with sunsets ...
- Scarlet Letter Essay, Research Paper Scarlet Letter: Reality vs. Perception Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Scarlet ... scaffold, and everything that is illusion or hypocrisy occurs everywhere else ... accepted. All other times, the illusion is kept up and the ...
- Appearance Vs. Reality Essay, Research Paper Appearance vs. Reality in Hamlet To ... to Hamlet with the illusion of being ?friends? ... to the appearance versus reality theme. The conduct wonderfully ... of appearance versus reality specifically. Each give the first ...