Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The World of Christianity
Christianity was founded by Jesus of Nazareth about 4 BCE. Jesus was said to
have been born in Bethlehem, during Herod’s reign. So they started the Christian
calendar soon after and started with year 1. Jesus and his 12 apostles traveled from place
to place teaching and healing. When the Sanhedrin heard of Jesus’s teachings about he,
being the savior, “The Son of God,” he condemned Jesus to death. Pontius Pilate
overseen the execution. Jesus was crucified soon after on a cross where he died.
Christianity is found almost everywhere in the world today. It accounts for
almost one-third of the world’s population. Christianity originated in the area around
ancient Palestine and spread from there. By 300 CE the religion had spread throughout
the Mediterranean Sea, reaching to all coasts. The more densely populated areas being
Carthage, Ephesus, and Constantinople. Some think it had spread so well because it was
so easy to embrace. There were not any myths, just a real person with great ethics.
Christianity broke into several different religions and denominations. It started
all with Christianity and in 1066 AD it split, separating into the Roman Catholic and the
Eastern Orthodox churches. After that the Eastern Orthodox branched into Protestantism
and that had 3 distinct branches: evangelical, reformed churches, and episcopacy. The
Roman Catholic also had a time of reform and it branched out as well. Today there are
dozens of religions that had branched off of Christianity.
The basic beliefs of the Christians have been practiced for centuries. Perhaps the
greatest belief, The Bible, and the 27 books that make up the New Testament. They
believe in divine creation, and an increased emphasis on God the father. God is the
foundation of the Christian religion. Also the beliefs that all men are created equal, and
belief in the scripture. They believe in first God, then Jesus, and then the Holy Spirit.
This is called Arianism, or the Trinity. The belief that God had created heaven and earth
and Christ, his son, in the power of the holy spirit. Jesus had died so all humans could go
to heaven, eternal life. They believe in baptism, as a way to accept God as the one true
God. There are lots and lots of beliefs, each denomination views them in a different way.
Christianity was built with the Pope chosen to lead. It began with Jesus and the
12 apostles. The first Christians were Jews, and then they were converted to the faith.
Peter founded churches and was the head of the church in Rome. The bishop of Rome is
the Pope. The Holy Father chooses cardinals, and these are his assistants. They make up
the College of Cardinals. The cardinals elect the new Pope when the seat is empty. In
1869, Pope Pius IX assembled the Vatican council. Still the home of the Pope and
council yet today. The bishop is the most important leader in a large church, he is the
supervisor. The deacons are the most important in the local churches. Priests give the
ceremonies and conveyed the message of Jesus to the public.
- The Beginings Of Christianity Essay, Research Paper From the time that man became a ... to all of man?s mystical questions. The different religions of the world competed for ... itself, then the religions which share the world with Christianity today could very ...
- The Nature Of Ethics Essay, Research Paper The Nature of Ethics When asking the question about the nature of ... realize what the (Buddhist) understanding of the nature of the world was… ... of as triune unity – the Father, Son, Holy Spirit). The goal of Christians ...
- The History Of Entrepreneurship Essay, Research Paper Entrepreneurship ‘A Balanced Economic State’ Two main ... Christianity as a kind of protection from the brutal Japanese regime. (Encyclopedia of ... the “melting pot” of the world.Before the World War II era, the ...
- The Spirit Of Yeats Essay, Research Paper Darr1 Christin Darr Dr. Arthur ... Harold Bloom, Yeats believed Christianity to be ?the barbarian theosophy,? and declined ... which symbolizes the ?last wave?, or the end of the world. In the beginning of the second stanza ...
- The Nature Of Beings Essay, Research Paper The Nature of Beings and Their Not Being The western way of ... a parallel is seen in the Christianity through first, a practitioners devotion ... enlightenment. The stress of this and the world is unbearable and the man ...