Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Man is Never Satisfied
The essay of man is a philosophical poet, written,
characteristically in heroic couplet. It is an attempt to justify and vindicate
the ways of God to man. It?s also a warning that man himself is not as in his
pride, he seems to believe the center of all things. Eventhough not truly
Christian, the essay makes implicit assumption that man has fallen and that
he must seek his own salvation. Pope sets out to demonstrate that no matter
how imperfect complex and disturbingly full evil the universe may appear to
be, it does function in a rational fashion, according to natural laws and is in
fact considered as a whole perfect work of God. It appears unsatisfy to us
only because our perceptions are limited by our feeble moral and intellectual
God is perfect and he created man is his image yet man is always
unsatisfied. We utter our body parts to make it look perfect to us. The use of
weak and blind in the essay tells how man is unsatisfied not be able to see
things his way and hence making him unhappy. If any misfortunes in our
life?s we still think is the cause of God, as stated in the Essay of man,
?Rejudge his justice, be the God of God (Pope, 122). Life seems chaotic and
patternless to man when he is in the midst of it. Man has sun and forest
around him, which he takes advantage of for food shelter and nurturing but
on the other hand he blames the nature for destruction and other
cause. ?From burning Sun where livid deaths descend? (Pope 142). This
line from the essay goes to extend how man questions God?s justices. He has
never been satisfied with creation. Everything on this earth was meant to
make man happy. Man should learn that nature should take its cause and
must learn how to cope with it. God has ranked man on top of the order of
the chain but yet man is unsatisfied. If any misfortune we turn to judge his
justice. Is God who gives and he who takes so man should not be upset if
death occur. Just like some trees leaves die to yield fresh ones and mother
cockroaches die to have new ones, man has to view death as right of
passage and accept it as part of life rather than to be sad, miserable or
disgruntle. Death is part of creation of God and should be cherish.
God has surrounded man with most essential things like water, yet we
are unsatisfied and explore another planets and world for more discoveries.
We also move from one country to another to search for greener pastures,
even if our situation before was than after. Main purpose that God created
earth is for man to live happy and ever after. Man has chosen unhappiness
instead. Alexander Pope is unsatisfied with this systems of the universe. He
(man) suppose to head o the order chain but he still unhappy and unsatisfied.
- Is Moral Egoism Correct Essay, Research Paper “Is Moral Egoism Correct?” Moral ... food, shelter and everything I ever wanted, but there was ... be if I were dating a man who had a wife. Although ... Moral Egoism this is okay because I am satisfied, even though we ...
- Is Gatsby A Hero? Essay, Research Paper In Fitzgerald s Gatsby, Gatsby is not great and not ... the woman he loves, who is another man’s wife. Thus a central ... must win her to satisfy his own Platonic image of ... that neither of us can ever forget.’” Daisy has tried ...
- Analysis Of A Firm Essay, Research Paper INTRODUCTION The Twentieth Century ... shop in Dearborn Michigan, a man by the name of Henry ... Motor Company says that satisfying customers goes beyond great ... easier than ever. If buying a new vehicle is not financially ...
- ... Rome Essay, Research Paper Julius Caesar-Citizen of Rome My name is Felicius ... commotion. The greatest man that I have ever known is dead. His name ... “We will be satisfied; let us be satisfied.” I am anxious ... the most exquisite man that had ever existed. It was ...
- Second Earl Of Rochester Essay, Research Paper The satirists shared a ... before the sexual moment ever begins. He then gets ... . This is not so. Man is not a reasonable creature; he is a passionate ... aid of men to satisfy their sensual pleasures. Like men, they ...