Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Island Essay, Research Paper
The Island is a book written by Gary Paulsen. It is about a boy named
Wil Newton. Wil is a city boy that will soon be moving to the country. He is
moving because his father has a new job with the State highway Department. He
is always thinking about what he likes about Madison where he lives.
Once he got to his new house that was in Pinewood about one hundred and
sixty miles away from Madison. After he got settled in at the house he rode
his bike. He found a small lake called Sucker Lake, where he rode a minnow
boat out to an island on the lake. He really liked it out on the island.
That night Wil was sitting outside and a girl came up. The girl was
Susan. Susan was a girl who was about fourteen and talked to Wil who was
embarrassed. Wil and Susan started to talk and Wil told Susan about the
island that he had been going to.
After a while Wil started going out onto the island every day he would
take a can of stew or fruit and leave a note before he went out the door and
off to the island. On the island Wil wrote about the animals on the island.
He was very interested in the heron.
After a while Wil started going out onto the island with Susan. On the
island they would talk about their families. They also talked about the
animals on and around the island. Wil is still very interested in the heron
and wants to know more.
In the end Wil’s father sees him on the island and stops him. Wil’s
father goes out to the island with Wil. On the way to the island Wil realizes
that "it will only end when they find a bigger island."
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the outdoors. It talks a
lot about wildlife on the island. It tells about different animals that are
on an island. I think that it would be fun to have my own island.
- The Tempest Essay, Research Paper The Tempest The Tempest was written in the early Stuart period in England ... sands”, Shakespeare questions the Prospero’s usurpation of the “creatures” of the island — Caliban and ...
- The Tempest Essay, Research Paper THE TEMPEST In The Tempest composed by William Shakespeare, ... of Milan and cast onto the island. Then he creates in ... to Caliban he gives back the island. He uses his magic ... onto an island, and only to restore the right order ...
- Two Powers Essay, Research Paper The Two powers Each person is born with a tendency ... of anarchy on the island. From the start of the novel he does not ... -righteous leader of a choir. The freedom of the island allowed him to further ...
- The Aquabats Essay, Research Paper The Story! Deep in the South Pacific lies an undiscovered island. This island housed ... Life could not be too good on the island, from churro baking contests ... an evil force descended upon the island and life would never be ...
- The Tempest Essay, Research Paper The Tempest. An Imperialist Heaven ... Stephano and Trinculo on the island. These men appeared to ... they would gain control of the island. Prospero escaped death by a ... almighty as they paraded around the island in fear of nothing. ...