Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Cause: The Parasite Giardia Lamblia Essay, Research Paper
How spread: Drinking contaminated water
Areas of risk: Common anywhere there is contamination of surface or domestic water. Commonly spread through day cares of underdeveloped countries. Outbreaks have occurred in cities where water is not properly treated.
Incubation period: One to four weeks
Symptoms: Diarrhea, bloating, excessive gas, severe stomach aches
Treatment: Usually goes away on it’s own; Metronidazole may be prescribed
Mortality Rate: Death is very rare
Prevention: Use precaution when eating food or drinking water, especially when hiking or camping. Properly cook food. Drink bottled water when hiking or camping. If bottled water is not available boil or filter your water.
- ... distinction between diseases caused by parasites and those caused by normal pathogens. ... biological study. The great distinction seems to be that parasites, rather than ... distinction between diseases caused by parasites and those caused by normal pathogens. ...
- ... a malarial protozoan. The disease, malaria, is cause by the protozoan, Plasmodium, which ... of basic nutrients, while not causing the classic deficiency illnesses, may ... therefore paradoxically inhibit the growth and development of malaria parasites at high ...
- ... perfect symetry that develop during the growth of bilaterally symmetrical traits. Individual ... are likely to shrug off the parasites and other environmental hazards that ... Sperm competition in birds, evolutionary causes and consequences. Academic Press. Blamford ...
- ... and often causes damage to surrounding systems and tissue. The life cycle ... immune system on the parasite, and the intricate strategies employed by the parasite. The parasite does not ... fit. A strong body makes for a great line of defense against parasites.
- ... large size, and such a slow growth rate, they hate to be ... On top of the parasites on its eyes, the Greenland shark also ... ). If the meat is not prepared correctly, it can cause, nausea ... and esophagus. It can also cause muscular cramps, respiratory distress, ...