Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Gymnastics Essay, Research Paper
The use of Motor Skills in Gymnastics
Gymnastics involves many movements of the human body. There are varies exercises and performances completed in gymnastics which are performed at different levels of motor skills. This is what allows us to see how children advance in motor skills. As a young child many start off slow doing there activity the way the feel comfortable.
While I was observing the 5 and 6 year old children I noticed right from the start that the boys and girls seamed to get along with each other quite well. The boys in the group that I observed seamed to be very out going doing the stuff they were told to do and then some. While the girls seamed to be shy and quiet. Also the girls in general didn’t seam to put as much enthusiasm into what they were doing.
When looking at behavior I found that the girls where behaved much better then the boys, always doing what they were told and staying in line. While the boys did what they were told, but at the same time they liked to jump around and they seamed to like to be near the teacher hanging off and trying to wrestle with him/her.
I found that the boys wanted to go through the action of the drills more ethuasticly. One boy especially was always trying to butt in front of everyone else, so he could get more turns jumping off the spring horse. When he would try to do this the other boys in line would get mad and push him away. While the girls in the group wouldn’t do anything. They didn’t seam to mind at all.
When I compared physical differences between the two different genders I concluded that there was not much difference at this stage. As I watched the children I pictured them with bags on there heads, and at this age it would be very difficult to tell between the two genders from just looking at there bodies.
I found that within each group there were a few kids of each gender to fit into the three categories of endomorph, ectomorph, and mesomorph. The greater percentage of the children would have to fit in the ectomorph category being tall and slender.
In the process of watching the children jump off the spring board I tried to look for techniqes to try to differ one child’s skills from another. This was very hard to do. One kid was better at the take off while another was batter at the actual jumping part and other kids were better at the landing aspect off the routine. In this group the all around best child at this activity was a little girl. She did exactly what she was expose to do, right from the beginning take-off to the landing. Then she would run to the back of the line and wait for her turn again.
There are many reasons why, the two groups boys vs. girls could be different. Parents of the children play a major role of the children’s skill level. In my Gender class last year we learned that parent tend to treat boys as boys and girls as girls. What I mean by this is that girls usually get the girly toys like tea set and Barbie dolls while the boys get the baseball glove and guns. When a child is playing Barbie’s there motor skills are not going to be as stimulated as if they were running around playing cowboys and Indians or catching pop flies at the baseball park.
Another thing could be the area in which the child lives. When a child lives in an area that is highly populated with other kids they seam to want to go outside more to play games with there friends. While the children who do not live in a highly populated area seam to rather stay inside and watch TV. The child that is outside playing with there friend are going to be more active and their skills are going to have a better chance of being stimulated.
There are many other reasons why some children’s skills are more developed then others. Some being that if the child is involved in organized sports, if the parents are active and if the child actually likes to be active. All of these examples influence a child’s skills, fitness level, attention span, and experiences.
In conclusion I feel that it is very important for a parent to go out of there way to able there child to be as involved in all actives from crafted making to team sports to enhance there motor skills in all directions making them a all round child.
- Beauty Of Body Essay, Research Paper The definition of beauty as found in "Websters ... . Women in "appearance" sports, including gymnastics and figure skating, and in ... forexcessive dieting. One-third of high school wrestlers use a method called weight ...
- THE CREATION OF BASKETBALL Essay, Research Paper THE CREATION OF BASKETBALL Unlike other sports whose ... their usual indoor activities of calisthenics and gymnastics. So he asked Naismith ... . He first decided to have the game use a large ball because a small ...
- Rhythmic Gymnastics Essay, Research Paper Rhythmic Gymnastics Rhythmic gymnastics is a really genuine and flexible sport. The sport dates ... that I liked about the whole sport was the use of all of the apparatus used in ...
- Angelina Weld Grimke Essay, Research Paper The Introduction to The Selected Works of Angelina Weld Grimk ... physical education at the Boston Normal School of Gymnastics (now Wellesley ... adept in the use of black diction, but the content of the poem reveals her ...
- The Pride Of Miss Jean Brodie Essay, Research Paper The Pride Of Miss Jean Brodie Question: How ... will need to think about the use of characterisation and speech in particular ... that gymnastics and poetry are irrelevant to life. The two different styles of ...