Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Turner Essay, Research Paper
A relatively uncommon human sex-chromosome disorder. Males very rarely
contract this disease. Its occurrence rate in females is about one per
3,000 live female births.
Occurs when a sperm carrying no sex chromosomes fertilizes a normal ovum,
resulting in a female that has only one X chromosome, producing a male
body type: short, with a broad neck, and usually lacking female internal
reproductive organs and secondary sex characteristics. The patient is
usually sterile and pregnancy is rare. Other signs and symptoms include a
low hairline, webbed neck, shield-shaped chest with widely spaced nipples,
and usually kidney and heart malformations. The patient may also have
immature breasts and be of above-average height. Some are mildly
Despite many efforts, no real causes have been found to be linked to this
condition. It appears be a random event that can happen to anyone.
There is no reason why a woman with Turner s Syndrome should not
lead a full, productive life. It is important though that she get good
medical care regularly.
Turner s Syndrome
Biology Today. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Inc. 1991: Page 217.
“Turners Syndrome.” Via CD-ROM: Compton s Interactive Encyclopedia: 1996
“The Turner’s Syndrome Society of the United States.” Via the Internet:
- Tina Turner Essay, Research Paper Tina Turner Tina Turner was born Anna Mae ... soon to be husband Ike Turner. The band had gotten ... that when Anna became Tina Turner . Eventually everyone knew the ... rock n roll superstar, Tina Turner, but Ike wanted more. He ...
- Turner Syndrome Essay, Research Paper There are many possible reasons ... Turner’s Syndrome, however, one X chromosome is missing from the cells (45,X); research ... of Turner syndrome can live an outwardly normal life. Ongoing research in ...
- Bad Dudes Essay, Research Paper TURNER Joseph Mallord William Turner, the son of a barber ... ” of a British textile manufacturer, Turner devised this Venetian cityscape as ... MS’ poems ‘Fallacies of Hope’. Turner’s pictures were becoming arranged, compositionally ...
- Turner Thesis Essay, Research Paper Fredrick Jackson Turner developed the ... and individualism. I disagree with Turner?s thesis and feel that ... final example that showed how Turner?s thesis was erroneous was ... . Some may feel that Turner?s thesis is valid, while ...
- ... was appointed deputy president. Turner’s early paintings were predominantly ... falls into three periods. Turner’s first period (1800-1820 ... . During this period Turner also produced numerous engravings ... shadows. During this period Turner also executed a number ...