Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
E.e Cummings Essay, Research Paper
The uncountable love poems of e.e. cummings have reached the ears and hearts of many. ?since feeling is first,? ?You and tired? and ?somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond,? all conclude that somewhere people really do love each other. The speaker in these poems loved the subject so much that he is ready to give up everything for her.
A poem full of love, ?somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond,? demonstrates the love a man has for a woman. The passage,
?(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens; only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)?
illustrates only a fragment of the love he has for this woman. Mentally he can not comprehend the love he has for her. Only a feeling inside of him completely understands what is happening. The woman in this poem communicates with her eyes. None of the roses in the world could ever measure up to the depth of her eyes, so unbelievably romantic.
Another extremely romantic poem, ?since feeling is first,? declares how much a man loved a woman.
?lady I swear by all flowers. Don?t cry?
the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids flutter which says
we are for each other; then
laugh, leaning back in my arms?
e.e. cummings creates a setting with flowers, a very romantic gesture. Romantic gestures bring romantic feelings, the speaker then proclaims his deep emotions for this woman. The very flutter of her eyelid becomes far greater than the deepest thought he has ever had. He is humble to her, for he sees all the greatness in her and realizes he cannot do without her.
Lines fourteen through eighteen demonstrate the romantic theme of love in ?You are tired.?
?But I come with a dream in my eyes tonight,
and I knock with a rose at the hopeless gate of your heart
open to me!
For I will show you the places Nobody knows,
And, if you like, the perfect places of Sleep?
The woman in this poem is getting tired of her life and of things being broken. The man shows up at the door to her heart. He has a dream of taking her away from this world that breaks so easily. He wants to show her places that she does not know. When he says ?the perfect places of sleep,? he means that when they fall asleep in each other?s arms, it will be perfect.
The very romantic poet e.e. cummings captures the hearts of many with just a few lines of poetry. Through these three poems, people find words to express their emotions of love towards each other. Most people have a hard time just saying three little words.
- Ee Cummings Essay, Research Paper E.E. Cummings is characteristically American. E.E. Cummings is characteristically American. He is ... decided to volunteer for the Norton-Harjes Ambulance group in ... wrote his first book titled “The Enormous Room”. Some people ...
- ... Of Ee Cummings Essay, Research Paper Various Works of EE Cummings Edward Estlin Cummings, famously known as E. E. Cummings, had ... agree with the person who wrote the previous statement. The way E. E. Cummings wrote his ...
- ... never stop fighting,”-E.E. Cummings. E.E. Cummings was considered one of the most innovative poets ... After graduating from Harvard, Cummings joined the Norton-Harjes Ambulance Corps, ... released. While in the French prison Cummings wrote the basis of his first ...
- ... from the fourteenth through the sixteenth centuries. During the era ... , EE Cummings, Leonardo Da Vinci etc emerged. It was the dawn ... expression that separated the time of the awakening from others. ... put all their thoughts to paper, even those violating folkways ...
- ... order that each line should show a ‘one’ and highlight the theme of ... ), Cummings vitalizes a trapeze act on paper. Oddly enough, this poem, too, stresses the idea ... that lack syntactical relationship to each other, imitate one who tries ...