Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Araby Essay, Research Paper
In the short story ?Araby? by James Joyce, there is a little boy who lives in Dublin, Ireland. He spends his days playing games with his friends and looking around in the back drawing room of their house. This is the room where the previous landowner had died. There he finds old papers and books; his favorite is The Memoirs of Vidocq. This book had yellow, wet, and curled pages. It was something old and of interest to him, he seems to be a curious boy. As he has grown up he has matured faster then some of his friends. He already has an interest in girls, which is a sign of his maturity and a development into his pre-teen stage. The girl he is fascinated with his friend?s sister. She is very important to him and he feels as though she is an angel, perfect in every way.
?Her dress swing as she moved her body
and the soft rope of her hair tossed from side to side.?
He differs from other boys his age because of his love for this girl. Other boys seem more immature and fight over silly things such as a hat. He differs from the rest of the world because he is oblivious to whats around him. All of his attention is focused on the girl of his dreams. At times the boy can act like a spy watching her every move and following her. Every morning, before school, he watches her door. When it opens, he dashes down the stairs and runs out the door, following her until the must part where he quickens his pace and passes her hoping to get a glimpse of her face. At other times you can relate his actions to a knight, a hero, or even a crusade. At the conclusion to the story the young boy has come to realize how vain he has been and how he is all alone in the darkness.
The boy shows the bravery of a hero on a journey
In the first scene, there is a feeling of sadness, and loneliness. An idea is passed on that there is no one else around and that this is a very morbid and dreary street. You can relate this image to how the boy feels when he is
Araby by James Joyce
- Araby Essay, Research Paper ?Araby? 1) Summary: This short story is about a boy (narrator) ... , some of his friends lived in the same neighborhood. One of his ... , ?Every morning I lay on the floor in the front parlor watching her door ...
- Araby Essay, Research Paper Araby In James Joyce?s short story “Araby,” several different micro-cosms are evident. The story demonstrates ... . Araby In James Joyce?s short story “Araby,” several different micro-cosms are evident. The story ...
- Araby Essay, Research Paper ARABY The short story Araby , by James Joyce, expresses the meaning of the word blind ... the blindness of the street) is present in the house. The wild garden in the back of the ... to Araby is also lonely. I took my seat in the third ...
- Araby Essay, Research Paper Araby : How the light and dark Reinforces the Theme and Characters In “Araby” using the imagery of ... ’s reality of living in the gloomy town of Araby more vivid. He ... s story begins at dusk, when the short days of winter came dusk ...
- The short story, “Araby”, by James Joyce is about ... straggling bushes.” It is hardly the sort of yard that a young ... four times. Each time, his uncle forgets. The boy cannot resist ... . The journey to the Araby is a lonely one. He spends the entire journey in the ...