Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Anatomy Of A Muscle Cell Essay, Research Paper
The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby, a novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald, is about the American dream, and the downfall of those who attempt to reach illusionary goals. The attempt to capture the American dream is pivotal to many novels. The dream itself is different for many people, in The Great Gatsby, for Jay, this dream can only be fulfilled by having the money and influence to acquire this happiness.
Jay Gatsby the central character of the story, is one character who longs for the past, he devoted his life to trying to recapture it. In the past Jay had a love affair with the wealthy Daisy. Knowing that he could not marry her because of the difference in their social standing, he leaves her to make his fortune in an attempt to reach her economic standing. Nick Carraway, a cousin of daisy, tries to show Jay the follies of his dreams.
The characters in the book suggest the author?s feelings toward the world. Fitzgerald suggests through the interpersonal relationships among his characters the worthlessness of materialism, the quest of Gatsby and how the moral values of America had practically disappeared. Despite his newly found wealth, Gatsby?s money could not afford him his only true wish, therefore he cannot buy everything which is important to daisy. Daisy, who is wealthy and beautiful, symbolizes a way of life that is remote from that of Gatsby?s and more attractive because it is so out of reach so he changes himself..
- Anatomy Essay, Research Paper ?Overview of Anatomy & Physiology? Anatomy – is the study of the structure of ... & extend the entire length of the cell. Each are 1-2 m in diameter, ... each myofibril to the next throughout the width of the muscle cell. The H zone of ...
- Anatomy Of The Human Essay, Research Paper 12-11-00 The ... pit has these four kinds of cell mixed together in the pits ... epithelium lies on top of layers of circular smooth muscle. When we are ... bicarbonate can diffuse out of the cell and be transported into the ...
- Kick The Habit Essay, Research Paper Banes 1 Ms. ... by the author of Understanding Human Anatomy and Physiology, Sylvia ... Then there is a loss of cilia so that it is impossible ... According to the “Hotline” section of Muscle & Fitness, “Heavy smoking promotes ...
- ... making out of clay which slipped out of his ... the unique features of our anatomy. Seven major ... the attachment surface of the sternocleidomastoid muscles, is distinct ... those produced during each former year may ... for HIV/AIDS research? Given the natural ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Mitosis in cancerous cells Mitosis, the process in which a cell ... be 1:10. Suppose a biopsy specimen of muscle tissue revealed by light microscopy ... into nearby organs, disrupting normal anatomy and physiological function, or perhaps ...