Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Decaying material sinks to the bottom of ponds/lakes/seas.
Problem ? the producers ( phytoplankton)
are at the surface ( where there is light ) so nutrients from decay must be
brought to the surface by water currents. 1.
Winter ? Water
circulates freely. Cold water at surface
sinks, circulating nutrients but cold temperatures and little light reduce
Spring ? Nutrients
are available , increased temperatures and increased daylight result in
increased productivity ( Spring bloom) 3.
Summer ? Warm water
rises and so colder water is trapped below a thermocline so nutrients are trapped at the bottom. Nutrients at top are quickly used up by
plants resulting in decrease in productivity and decreased number of consumers
dependent on plant life. 4.
Autumn ? Water at
surface cools and sinks allowing recycling of the nutrients and increased
productivity (Autumn bloom). Growth is limited by reducing temperatures and
- Lithosphere Essay, Research Paper ... dense material. (more dense than surface materials). ... for clouds like cumulonimbus. Funnel systems- N.H. L. N.H. H. S.H. L. SH ... and vegetation. Water Cycle- 64% Evapotranspired; ... A radioactive element decays, or loses some ...
- Enviormentalism Essay, Research Paper Evironmentalism: ... air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Maintaining, repairing, or ... massive quantities by decaying waste and agricultural ... than 20,000 cycles per second ( ... recycles only a few materials, consider getting a " ...
- Nuclear Energy 2 Essay, Research Paper You are watching ... damage to vital reactor systems could occur from a ... areas in the nuclear cycle. One of the ... radium, which in turn decays ro radon gas. The ... as landfill and construction material. In Grand Junction, ...
- Plants Essay, Research Paper Life science 7th ... to one of two root systems, a taproot system or ... feed on dead or decaying organisms or on ... transport water and other materials through the bodies ... with photosynthesis. Their life cycles, pigments, and stored food ...
- Plutonium 2 Essay, Research Paper Plutonium, ... trips. Nuclear electric systems provide very low ... such radionuclides like decaying particles from radon. ... fm_hlth.html (IEER: Fissile Materials Health & Environmental Dangers) ... (The Nuclear Fuel Cycle) 12. www. ...