Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
How The Hairspray Can Repesents Oedipa’s Journey In The Cryin Essay, Research Paper
The hair spray can has no aim when it is flying around just as Oedipa has no goal when she is traveling around. The can is flying around bouncing off of whatever it hits and is out of control. Oedipa is traveling around San Narciso just going where ever people take her and really has no destination in mind. Both Oedipa and the can are traveling aimlessly around their respected areas.
The can is flying around the room because Oedipa knocked the can over and the top broke off. The can then started flying around the room, “The can hit the floor, something broke, and with a great outsurge of pressure the stuff commenced atomizing, propelling the can swiftly about the bathroom”(36). The can is fueled by something in side of it. The stuff inside the can sends it around the bathroom even though it does not know where it is going.
Oedipa starts traveling around San Narciso but she does not have a destination. She is being fueled by something inside her just as the can was. The stuff inside Oedipa that sends her around San Narciso is her curiosity. Her curiosity in the meaning of the Tristero and the meaning of W.A.S.T.E. are what sends her around San Narciso. She does not know where she is going but she will go until her fuel runs out just like the can.
Oedipa travels around the city of San Narciso without a real destination. She will get temporary destinations but no final destination. The can does not have any real destination either. The can will get a temporary destination just as Oedipa will. The can’s temporary destination changes each time it hits its destination (e.g., a wall or other object). Oedipa’s temporary destination changes when she reaches it (e.g., a store or other location) just like the can’s does.
- ... the air, such as the particles that are released when using a can of hairspray ... to determine how much pollution is being created and what the effect ... the pollutants at the required level. It will then be decided how much can ...
- ... ’s mind easy, and how father has said the same thing, in a far ... -106) SHAH 5 One can see, in the story, the father’s loss of hope ... . As usual, I did not know how to answer you, partly because ... Kafka.” http://www.vr.net/~herzogbr/kafka/meta09.html
- ... tell about political problems. How the life of ordinary people depends ... they have been using Wella hairspray for fixing their hair. I ... smooth. I have been using Wella hairspray for a long time. I found ... Can you explain how do you use it? Every day in the ...
- ... style of shipping by observing how the banking industry collected canceled checks ... arrive undamaged at the final destination. The ShipSite (www.fedex.com, 5-19-99 ... materials. Items such as perfume, hairspray, gasoline, oil, and alcoholic beverages ...
- ... in spray paint cans, hairspray containers, and even some ... are quickly circulated through the body. (How Drugs Affect) Young ... child. The substances in solvents can pass through the placental barrier ... more aware of how everyday products can not only benefit ...