Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Technical Description Essay, Research Paper
My technical description is on my dependable Coleman flashlight. The Coleman flashlight is a hand-sized plastic flashlight, easily portable, which will fit into most automobile glove compartments. The Coleman flashlight has an overall length of 6 inches. It has a diameter of 2 inches at the head of the flashlight, and narrows to 1-1/4 inches in diameter at the battery compartment. The body of the Coleman flashlight, is basically cylindrical in shape, black in color, high-impact plastic, and ribbed for a secure hand grip. The Coleman flashlight consists of two major parts in which I will describe: (a) the body, containing the battery compartment and the switch, and (b) the bulb assembly, containing the reflector, the bulb, and the connector. The flashlight is powered by two 1.5 volt size C batteries.
The body of the Coleman flashlight is 5-5/8 inches, with a diameter of 2 inches at the screw, or head end, narrowing to 1-1/4 inches at the battery compartment. The interior of the screw end is threaded, allowing for connection with the bulb assembly.
The battery compartment holds the batteries, the power source for the flashlight. The compartment is cylindrical, 3-1/2 inches long and 1-1/4 inches in diameter, with a coiled metal spring on the interior of the closed end, and a 1/4-inch wide strip of gold-colored metal running along one interior side of the compartment. The compartment holds two 1.5-volt C batteries, in a stacked position, with the negative end of the lowermost battery in contact with the spring, and the positive end of the lowermost battery supporting the negative end of the uppermost battery. The open end of the battery compartment closes with the screw down insertion of the bulb assembly.
The switch turns the flashlight on and off. The flashlight switch is located on the body of the Coleman flashlight 1-1/2 inches from the screw end. The switch is of round black plastic, designed to be activated with the thumb of the hand holding the flashlight. When the switch is pushed forward, towards the larger end of the flashlight, the light turns on. When the switch is returned back to the original position, pushed toward the smaller end of the flashlight, the light turns off.
The bulb assembly of the Coleman flashlight consists of the reflector, the bulb, and the connector. When fully assembled, the bulb assembly is 2 inches long, with a diameter of 2 inches at the reflector end reducing to 3/4 inch at the contact end of the
connector. The bulb assembly completes the flashlight by screwing into the larger end, or head end of the body of the Coleman flashlight.
The reflector magnifies and projects the light generated by the battery powered bulb. When viewed from the larger end, the reflector consists of a transparent flat plastic cover over a chrome-colored reflective plastic concaved with a central hole. The elements are permanently attached together and housed in black plastic. The reflector screws into the connector on one end, and the midsection of the reflector provides the main screw for attachment to the Coleman flashlight body.
The light source for the Coleman flashlight is a glass bulb, 1/2 inch long, permanently fused onto a cylindrical metal base 1/2 inch long and 3/8 inch in diameter. The bottom of the metal base has a protrusion, providing the electrical connection between the bulb and connector. The bulb itself contains a metallic filament, one-half the length of the glass portion of the bulb, surrounded, at a point halfway up the length, by a clouded white plastic-like material.
The connector connects the reflector and bulb to the battery power source. The connector is of black plastic, ringed with a metallic collar 3/8 inch wide. The closed end of the connector is mounted with a 5/6 inch-square gold-colored metal strip. The metal strip facilitates the connection between the bulb and the batteries. The open end of the connector is threaded to allow joining with the bulb and reflector.
When fully assembled, the Coleman flashlight is a sturdy easily held tool providing light sufficient for regular outdoor and emergency use. The compact size makes the flashlight easily portable, and batteries and bulb are readily accessible for replacement.
- ... Design And Staffing Essay, Research Paper Abstract The Analysis ... possible achievement of my objectives? If the ... ” recommends ?A definitive job description ?Competence analysis – the ... uncertainties ?Complexity and technical challenges ?Incompatibility (person ...
- Boundaries Of Ownership Essay, Research Paper BOUNDARIES OF OWNERSHIP Nobody owns this essay. It is ... to write this paper. One of my favorite descriptions of the situation ... protection and infringement may ignore technical realities. The physical operation and ...
- Career Project (Business Analayst) Essay, Research Paper Business AnalystPart I – What I know ... middleman, to help me along with my job. An asset ... industry, and level of technical knowledge. This highly ... the class, with a description of the class under it ...
- Kama Sutra Essay, Research Paper PREFACE IN the ... manuscript is corrected by me after comparing four different ... stranger.’ 14 According to this description a Pithamarda would be a sort ... interference. According to the technical definition of his attributes ...
- ... In Electrical Engineering Essay, Research Paper Have you recently ... choice for me. However, after completing my first semester ... this is English 218 Technical and Scientific Communication. In ... facing designers, a detailed description of each type of AUV and ...