Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Gianni Versace Essay, Research Paper
Gianni Versace’s interpretation of fashion is original, somewhat exhibitionist and brightly coloured. He believed art and fashion go together and has been described by Time magazine as the youngest of Milan’s “young tyrants”. Born in Reggio Calabria on December 2, 1946, Versace started working in his mother’s atelier at the age of eighteen. He often travelled to London and Paris on pattern buying missions and was quick to learn the secrets of dressmaking and design. 1972 marked a turning point in his life. He was called to work for the Florentine Flowers clothing factory of Lucca. By the following year he was working as a ready-to-wear designer for Genny and Callaghan. In 1974 Versace conceived, designed, and helped to launch the Complice label. A few years later, in March 1978, encouraged by his success Versace presented his first signature collection for women at the Palazzo della Permanente Art Museum of Milan. His first menwear collection followed in September of the same year. Versace liked to consider himself a tailor, rather than a designer. He knew how to cut and sew the clothes he made. He tried on the men’s collections personally and had his sister Donatella try on the female ones. He paid careful attention to the male and female body. The Versace look of the young, aggressive and sexy woman is well-known. He liked to create sexy clothes for his women, skin-tight with low cuts and high slits on the skirts. Versace was among the first to revive the cat suit, to bring back the mini skirt, to show tights worn as trousers, to bring the bustier out at night and bead it. In 1982 his dreses made with fine metal mesh first appeared and were a hit. Versace has been referred to as the rock-and-roll designer and clients include Phil Collins, Bruce Springsteen, George Michael, Eric Clapton, Elton John and Michael Jackson. He has also made clothes for the Princess of Wales and Caroline of Monaco. In 1982, Versace opened a new chapter in his career, making costumes for the theatre, opera and ballet. He began a close collaboration with choreographer Maurice Bejart. He went on to design accessories, jewellery, furnishings, and china. Versace reported gross income for 1996 as 1,705 billion lire (exchange rate approximately $1=1600 lire) for the entire group. There are 138 Gianni Versace boutiques in the world, and 345 sales points. Versus, the younger line, has 550 boutiques, and Istante, the less costly line, has 17 boutiques and 330 sales points. Gianni Versace was assasinated in front of his home on South Ocean Drive in Miami Beach on July 15, 1997. His sister, Donatella, who worked with him for years, has taken over as chief designer for the company. Her first collections have met with considerable success, both from fashion editors and clients. For the moment, plans to offer Versace stock on the exchange have been postponed .
VIP WEARING VERSACE
Cyrielle Claire Eric Clapton
Barbara de Rossi
Terence Trent d’Arby
Carolina di Monaco
Brian Ferry Jane Fonda
Gullit Jerry Hall
La Toya Jackson
Kelly Le Brook
Dolph Lundgren Madonna
Paul Mc Cartney
Ali Mc Graw
George Michael Milva
Franco Maria Ricci
Jane Seymour Brooke Shields
- Gianni Versace Essay, Research Paper Gianni Versace was born in Reggio ... glamour and downright flashiness. Gianni Versace made a name for himself ... they were still devastated by Versace’s. At his stores worldwide, ... at the front of Versace’s Miami Beach mansion. ...
- Protagonists: American Psycho Essay, Research Paper English Coursework Compare ... classic brands, Armani, Versace, for essentially narcissistic reasons ... , the one-dollar game played by his colleagues, ... The introduction of this essay mentions three events that ...
- Mario Valentino Essay, Research Paper International Designer Mario Valentino In ... a great group like Giorgio Armani, Gianni Versace, Karl Lagerfeld, and Claude Montana ...
- Vision Of Youth Essay, Research Paper John Bishop Grammar Class Vision ... . Calvin Klein, Levi’s, Nike, D&G, Versace and Gucci are all considered ... its own desires and aspirations. Gone are the days of a passive ...
- Levis Pants Vs. Dockers Pants Essay, Research Paper INTRODUCTION Levi Strauss & Co. ... is the person who is gone buy the product because ... what ever is gone happen it is the ... strong material, designers such as Versace, Gaultier, Armani, thus the ...