Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Treatment Of The Elderly Essay, Research Paper
The treatment of the elderly
Since my grandparents turned Eighty, they have had trouble driving to the market.
They are constantly being run off the road because they drove too slow, and the people
behind them constantly honk. Since my Asian culture teaches respect for the elderly, I
feel it is my responsibility to take them to Hoching Asian market every Sunday after
work. To my disappointment, I had found that in the American society, the elderly are
often shipped off to uncaring nursing homes. Too often the elderly are looked upon as
decaying members of society that should be forgotten about, but to me the elderly should
be treated with respect and honor that should become with a person who has a lifetime of
experience. Last night, I watched Happy Gilmore, a movie about an ice Hockey player
who becomes a professional golfer to save his grandmother from the terrors of living in a
nursing home. The elderly people were made to work long hours in making rugs.
Eventhough it was only a movie, but it portrays the problem in the real life. I had an old
neighbor who was around Seventy, he was an soldier who being to the Vietnam War
when he was young. He got kick out of his family to a nursing home because he had a
problem taking care of himself. But you never know an useless old man who had done
so much proud stuffs when he was young, and his family just forget what he have done.
In our real world, no matter what kind of culture you?re in, you should always have to
take care of your elders, because you are their futures, their hopeness and their
generations. Otherwise, you will get the same thing when you turned old.
- The Role Of B Vitamins Essay, Research Paper Water-soluble vitamins were ... rare in young people, although the elderly may have trouble absorbing natural ... , smoking, treatment for seizures, and oral contraceptives may increase the risk for ...
- Treatment Of Mentally Ill Essay, Research Paper Ideas have changed over ... of the CMHCs by adding new services for substance abusers, children, and elderly ... persons. Congress believed that the act of 1963 had resolved most of the major ...
- ... marijuana for medical treatment. The medical recommendation may ... not consistent in each person who takes ... of the cost of Marinol. In the 1970’s the federal government funded research ... Elders, as well as The New England Journal of Medicine and the Journal of the ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Potassium, which is the nineteenth element in the Periodic Table, influences the ... especially in the elderly, is often alleviated with a supplement of potassium, ... effective form of treatment helps to prevent toxication of the blood by ...
- The Rainmaker Essay, Research Paper The Rainmaker In layman?s terms a ?rainmaker? ... . Through a class called Legal Problems of the Elderly, Rudy meets and befriends a little ... his treatment, Rudy begins to loathe the Great Benefit Insurance Company because of ...